Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the opportunity to drive the is300, and it rocks! But just recently i went on the internet and i was amazed at what i saw! Since the 2001 Acura RL's are comin in, they are sellin the 2000 RL for $32,000 at McDavid Acura in Texas. They were originally $42,000. I know they are not in the same category, but after drivin both of them i love them both. I know the is300 is sport tuned and the RL is more soft, but the deal seems sooo damn good. They come out to be the same price. What would you do? Please reply since i need to make a decision by next friday. Thanks alot everyone!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by souljas_1:
i had the opportunity to drive the is300, and it rocks! But just recently i went on the internet and i was amazed at what i saw! Since the 2001 Acura RL's are comin in, they are sellin the 2000 RL for $32,000 at McDavid Acura in Texas. They were originally $42,000. I know they are not in the same category, but after drivin both of them i love them both. I know the is300 is sport tuned and the RL is more soft, but the deal seems sooo damn good. They come out to be the same price. What would you do? Please reply since i need to make a decision by next friday. Thanks alot everyone!
As usual, it comes down to what you are looking for. If you're in the market for a big front wheel drive luxury boat than this may be the car for you. If, on the other hand, you want a brand new slick RWD compact sport sedan, than the IS3 is for you. Best of luck in your decision making process. Just make sure you are happy with your choice - it's an expensive decision either way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Two *completely* different vehicles, IMO. The Acura RL is nowhere near comparable to the IS300. They're hardly comparable at all...

Choose wisely.

Scott.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The RL is a good car, but it's in a totally different category. If you're looking for a sporty rwd compact sedan, the IS fits the bill (and these days you can get a fully loaded IS for about $32K). If, however, you're looking for a relatively big fwd 4 door sedan, then the RL should be your choice.
The RL is a decent car, but it's quite dated and it won't handle as well as the IS.
My vote's for the IS300!

Good luck

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
If the RL is fully loaded, brand new, nearly zero miles for only 32K then you have to get it. The RL is Acura's flagship, is a great car and is a steal at that price. You have to consider when you will find deals like this. Not very often.... If else, get the IS300.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
agreed. the RL is like a step up in luxury from the TL and for hwat, 2-3k more? TAKE IT
well if luxury is what you want anyways.

Originally posted by crontab:
If the RL is fully loaded, brand new, nearly zero miles for only 32K then you have to get it. The RL is Acura's flagship, is a great car and is a steal at that price. You have to consider when you will find deals like this. Not very often.... If else, get the IS300.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you are getting the car just for yourself...IS is perfect.

if you wanna consider the comfort of others in your family and your buddies...RL would probably be a better choice... but doesn't RL have less than 200 horsepower? for a heavy car like that under 200 horsepower...wonder if you would feel underpowered...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Everyone here so far have given good suggestions. IS for sport purposes or RL for family purposes. My only question besides the ones already asked is are you looking to lease or buy? I ask this because I believe Acura is coming out with a new RL soon. If you're buying it may hurt you for re-sale value in 3 to 4 years since a new more luxurious model will be out. If you're leasing and your final numbers look good go for it.

------------------

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by 99V6Coupe:
if you are getting the car just for yourself...IS is perfect.

if you wanna consider the comfort of others in your family and your buddies...RL would probably be a better choice... but doesn't RL have less than 200 horsepower? for a heavy car like that under 200 horsepower...wonder if you would feel underpowered...
It has 210 horspower and it weight 3858lbs, whic is around 500lb more than the IS300

link for more info http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/details/acura0035rl/sedan/specs.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
souljas U gots 2B kidding, you asking abunch of idiots, theyve been brainwashed thinking the almighty IS--- you bee the judge>

The Acura RL is nowhere near comparable to the IS300.
this clown is bias, sounds like the "RL is nowehre near the IS" 2 me

If you're looking for a sporty rwd compact sedan, the IS fits the bill (and these days you can get a fully loaded IS for about $32K). If, however, you're looking for a relatively big fwd 4 door sedan, then the RL should be your choice.
this clown goes outtaher way to describe the toyota as "sporty rwd compact" whiel the RL iz "relatively big fwd 4 door" GEE thanks -the IS is sportyCompact and the RL is relatively big - and they both 4 doors WOW wealth of informationTHANKS again

If you're buying it may hurt you for re-sale value in 3 to 4 years since a new more luxurious model will be out.
what dis clown talking about??? GET the IS and be immune to low re-sale??? like the IS wont be replaced with somethin better (yeah theres a stretch) in next 3-4 years?

------------------
Keep honking, I'm reloading.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by 22B:
souljas U gots 2B kidding, you asking abunch of idiots, theyve been brainwashed thinking the almighty IS--- you bee the judge>

what dis clown talking about??? GET the IS and be immune to low re-sale??? like the IS wont be replaced with somethin better (yeah theres a stretch) in next 3-4 years?

blah blah blah

so what??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts