Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering what type of loaner cars your service dealerships are usually lending you? Obviously, when you're at the dealership looking to purchase a Lexus, they show off their fleet of ES and RX 300s....but I've heard of people getting less (other brands, cheaper) than this?

From your experience, what type of services got you a loaner at all? and which ones got you the Lexus cars?? Anyway to demand a Lexus?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
We have always gotten either the ES or the RX, nothing less and nothing more. We have been going to Longo since 98, so it's been two years and we haven't seen them use other cars for loaner except for those two models. You can get loaner car for pretty much any service I think, but you just need to make your reservation ahead of time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering...what if the dealership I goto for service isn't the one I bought the car from? Will I be treated less fairly? Will I be missing out on some benefits? No free washes? or what...?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
wait a minute.. we can get free car washes???
hey, I forgot all about that.. damn.. and I've been washing my own car all this time..

I live about 15 mins from lexus dealer too

how many free washes do we get?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
depending on your dealer, but I think you should be able to just go in any time you want and they will wash for you for free.

·
Registered
626 Posts
For my 1k check up they gave me a Honda Accord! I made the appointment the day before, so I guess their excuse of that it was short notice was reasonable. I also got the windows tinted as well, so they kept the car.

My sales guy told me they would have given me an ES300 if I made an appointment without such short notice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by ISx300:
I was wondering...what if the dealership I goto for service isn't the one I bought the car from? Will I be treated less fairly? Will I be missing out on some benefits? No free washes? or what...?
Lexus is not like that, you get the same service no matter where you bought it. Not like some american dealer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
wait a minute.. we can get free car washes???
hey, I forgot all about that.. damn.. and I've been washing my own car all this time..

I live about 15 mins from lexus dealer too

how many free washes do we get?
The car wash comes with any service or repair you bring the car in for. Guess you'll just have to keep complaining about something every weekend! LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I bought my IS300, I was told I can get all the free car washes I want so I'm there alot.
I have gotten ES300 as loaner cars there (for cd changer replacement and an accident but you do have to make an appointment due to availability). Park Place was awesome to come through and let me have a loaner last weekend after my rebar accident, and they told me I will have another loaner car when they actually fix my car (don't usually give loaners for accidents or repairs outside of warranty work). Situations like this makes me glad I chose the right dealership; I like to be takened cared of and pampered.

--Nancy

[This message has been edited by Nancy (edited October 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
When I had my GS400 and took it into the shop to get a caliper readjusted they gave me a white Mercury Sable... Yuck... Also the monitor for the NAV on my father's new BMW 740iL went blank, so I took it to the dealership and they gave me Dodge Dakota Pick-up truck... Sorry, but I'm not a pick-up truck fan...So I haven't had the luck you guys have been having with loner cars. .Now that I have my Mercedes Benz E55 AMG, I'm praying that nothing goes wrong because who knows what I'll get as a loner....
Eric....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll take the free car wash they give me when I bring the car in for service but I like doing my own washes and detailing. At least then I know what kind of soap is being used, how clean the water is, and how soft the towels are.

Call me particular but I hate swirl marks.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree with accelr8, I tell them not to wash my car to avoid possible swirl marks.

In terms of loaners, my wife and I got the RX.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took my IS200 into the dealer to have a throttle problem looked at and they loaned me a GS300. Sweet motor, that one. You guys are dead lucky to have that engine in your IS while us UK boys have to make do with the 2.0L I6.

They washed my car, too, and did a pretty good job of it.
--
Alex K.

·
Registered
994 Posts
My local Lexus dealership, Stevens Creek, gave me an RX300 as a loaner when I took it in for the paint protection package I bought. Not bad, but I'd prefer a sedan. Even the though the handling was pretty good--very little swaying--it still felt like driving a van.

Stevens Creek only gives loaners on services that take longer than 2 hours. When I took my IS in for its 1k inspection (1.5 hours), I had to wait; while I was waiting, I wandered out back and saw how they were washing the cars. They used good water--from some type of tank--and good towels. However, they were using brooms to scrub the car.

--k

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got a 99 Toyota Corolla.
Lexus Carlsbad has a whole freakin fleet of them as loaner cars. I only notice one ES300 and a couple of RX300's

Joel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here in Georgia, they only offer RX and ES as loaner... Got a 2000 RX when I went for spoiler and 1K mi. service (checkup)... You do have to make an appt several days in advance though as they are usually VERY busy!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lexus of St. Louis has given me:

1) Dodge Neon
2) Chevy Cavalier (even worse)
3) Mid 90's Toyota Camrys with 95k miles

I figure hey, it's free, so I don't complain. Usually it is only for a day or so anyway. I can only imagine some high powered CEO-type coming in with his LS430 and driving out in a Neon or Cavalier.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've had a the best experience at both the dealerships I've been to (Difeo and Ray Catena). On my first visit I got a 2000 ES300, and on my previous visits for my dad's GS, I've got both the RX and the ES - love em both.
Perhaps the smaller dealerships don't have as many resources.
black/ivory
17"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts