Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in turbo my car soon. The turbo I have in mind is either a GT-35R or 42R Dual Ball Bearing and have my guys build everythign around that. My question is any of you running this setup or any other setup. Plus how much HP you getting, at what boost on pump gas or C-16. Thanks

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
O3 said:
if i'm not mistaken, TE s1 is running gt-35r with about +305 rwhp on pumpgas... more information could be found on: www.turboeast.com

umm, you are mistaken...

the TE S1 kit clearly indicates it has a TE Garrett T04E 60 Trim spec Turbocharger

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
umm, you are mistaken...

the TE S1 kit clearly indicates it has a TE Garrett T04E 60 Trim spec Turbocharger
i just checked their website... i am wrong :( sorry :(

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Secret sauce in the making. Probably won't be done for 6 months or so.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey LexIS307 I very interested. I see the turbo is good for 650 hp i think. Is there a dyno sheet I can see. I would like to see at what RPM you start reaching boost. Can you let me know what else you running and if perhad maybe I can buy you a beer and pick your brain. Let me know thanks

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
MiamiIs300 said:
Hey LexIS307 I very interested. I see the turbo is good for 650 hp i think. Is there a dyno sheet I can see. I would like to see at what RPM you start reaching boost. Can you let me know what else you running and if perhad maybe I can buy you a beer and pick your brain. Let me know thanks
Yea, when im in the miami area... No dyno sheet, hasnt been emailed to me, wastegate opens at 4000k, you can see all my specs on my website..

www.aturbolexus.com

-Josh

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
LexIS307 said:
badass...good luck, hope to see something when I come back to springs....
Most def. I will meet up with ya when it's done.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im running this setup... check my other posts in go faster... I have both pump and race gas dyno sheets posted up...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious why you didn't go with the Gt-40R. What if any real difference? + rep to you guys for the help.. Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
To be honest, I have been looking at the GT40R... But For the money spent and the relatively small hp gain, I started to look at the GT42R... Spoke with PFS and found out that I would need to do more head work and a sheet metal intake/throttle body... etc for the numbers that I am looking for, plus I would have to get a tubular manifold, do larger ic piping, etc... So for now, I will make the car as reliable as possible, reconnect the nitrous and work on getting bigger tires in the rear...

I was also told by everyone that the gt35r was a great turbo with no lag and great driveability... which it is... I wa told taht the GT40r had too much lag to be fun on the street and the gt42r was way too bad... After seeing a dyno from a supra with the gt42r, I am ready to give it a try... The lag doesn't seem too bad

I have decided to build a supra... I am going to purchase one around next FEB... and go all out on it... I am considering the GT42RS, stroker kit, etc... and with the right widebody kit, you can put 13" wide rims in the rear, so traction will no longer be an issue. I would like to see the car make around 725whp on pump gas... once again to be driven on the street. I will keep the IS300... for a daily driver, and take the supra out on the weekends to pick on people...

Lexis307... I might get a chance to come to a meet... but it will be a while. I have been so busy with my business, that I can't even hardly drive my car. I am constantly having to do paperwork, etc, etc and havent had much time for anything. I usually work about 12- 16 hours a day... But I am getting paid very well in return...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I saw the Gt-42R and thought the same thing. I have also been thinking of having a intake fabricated. So it might be a good idea to go that route. What you know about this turbo as far as when it starts to spool and how much Hp gain I can get on pump gas.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Go to www.atpturbo.com look on the right hand side of the page, turbo info, to dyno data, to gt42r on mkiv supra... that should give you some info...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts