Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have some of you been using to clean the NAV screen. It seems kinda hard sometimes not to leave streaks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys 8)

·
8,803 Posts
Endust for electronics is good, i use my oakly bag for quick cleaning, and sometimes i use the wipes for my LCD screen at home.

IF you ever get stuck nav buttons, there is some stuff out there that is a foam thats safe for electronics (just make sure the nav and car are off). You spray it on and let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe off. It will make the buttons work like new again.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TahoeSSDVD said:
Endust for electronics is good, i use my oakly bag for quick cleaning, and sometimes i use the wipes for my LCD screen at home.

IF you ever get stuck nav buttons, there is some stuff out there that is a foam thats safe for electronics (just make sure the nav and car are off). You spray it on and let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe off. It will make the buttons work like new again.
Its funny you mentioned the stuck nav buttons, I spilled a little bit of soda a while back and one of the buttons is still a little sticky. I'm guessing any large electronics store will carry the foam??

·
8,803 Posts
Yup, i got it at Fry's Electronics. I will post the name when i get home (its a blue can with a white top). Works like a charm.

I wish the nav buttons were in a different spot, they are too proned to spills where they are. :cry:

·
Registered
831 Posts
isn't that the stuff you use to clean computer keyboards and such? It's like pressurized air I believe.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
flproject13 said:
isn't that the stuff you use to clean computer keyboards and such? It's like pressurized air I believe.
No. It is a kit that came with a spray & a brush to wipe the screen clean, that is used to clean flat screen monitors...

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a product sold at Apple Stores called iKlear. It is made to clean iPod, iBooks, laptops screens and flat panel monitors. It is by far the best lcd cleaner I have ever used. Far better than 3M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TahoeSSDVD.......You Rock!

The last two times I took my IS300 to the dealer for scheduled Maintenance I told them to check out my Nav buttons because they were sticky. When I went to get my car I asked the service writer if the Nav was checked out and she said yes. I got in my car and it was the same and to make matters worse I pushed the info button and it got stuck. I did call her back and she then went on to explain how the tech could not do anything about the problem. I couldn't believe they were unwilling to fix it and certainly was miffed she conveniently neglected to mention anything until I called her out on her deception.

I stumbled across this site as I was looking for possible solutions to my dilemma and found your post. I went straight to Office Depot and bought a spray and when I got home I sprayed the buttons and went inside to eat dinner. After dinner I went out and sure enough the buttons are working smoother than they have in a long time.

I am so grateful for the useful information.
It is exciting to find so many helpful posts.

Paul

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Lenspen makes a lenspen call notebook pro. It is a carbon based degreaser. It works great on LCD monitors as well as touchscreen.

Reactions: Platinum288
1 - 13 of 13 Posts