Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

just picked up a greddy evo exhaust and xerd y-pipe from a fellow member on .net, and i just wanted to get other member's opinions on what to install first, the xerd y-pipe or EVO? pics of exhaust soon to come...thanks!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Just do them both @ the same time, have to have the car on jack stands to get one might as well do the other

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Just do them both @ the same time, have to have the car on jack stands to get one might as well do the other
I second that. I have the exact same setup and it sounds beasty!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
^ Do them both at the same time. Take the exhaust off first then the Y-pipe. It helps it you have an extra hand or at least an extra jack to hold everything up while your wrenching. Oh and you might need an air ratchet at least I did for the Y-Pipe. That was a bitch to get those nuts off.

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
yamahadave said:
^ Do them both at the same time. Take the exhaust off first then the Y-pipe. It helps it you have an extra hand or at least an extra jack to hold everything up while your wrenching. Oh and you might need an air ratchet at least I did for the Y-Pipe. That was a bitch to get those nuts off.

-Yamaha Dave

WD-40 the hell out of them

Also on the rubber hangers on the axleback, makes it so much easier

1 - 6 of 6 Posts