Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellaz...i need some input on my situation. I just went to a stereo shop to install my component system and it turns out that my two channel amp powering my subwoofers do not work and ALSO the four channel amp thats supposed to run my component set and my new 6x9s have 2 channels not working. SO basically this is where i am it....
boston accoustic components
alpine 6x9
one solobarick L7 10"
one audiobahn 1800 watt amp that does not function
and one rockford fosgate four channel punch that only two channels work.

SO basically i would need two new amps which would hurt my wallet dearly. right? Or can i use the half broken 4 channel amp to power my subwoofer? SInce there is only 2 channels left will all the power from the 4 channels be distributed among the two channels?

ALso...should i buy another sub to run 2 tens or just get a new box to house the one ten that i have. which would sound better? (i have a real small sealed box for two tens now(with only one ten in it))
please help....any and all suggestions please..

oh...check this out...the shop that sold me the two ten inch subs placed a 2 ohm kicker and a 4 ohm kicker in the same box...that pissed me off when one blew and i took it out of the box to see this...could this have caused the sub to blow?>

thanks!

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
From what you described, the install shop did a poor job, killing a few components in the process.

·
8,827 Posts
An example would be running a 2 ohm sub on an amp setup for 4 ohms.

There is a number of ways one can fry equipment.

Considering how many things are dead or not working in your setup after the attempted install, I would be put shop's competency to question.

All of this, of course, if you had working equipment in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.