Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want something else to do with my Altezza. here in Japan, Altezza's don't come with HID's so i did the 8000k upgrade and I got the Infinity Basslink in the trunk. i'm getting a lot of pleasure out of both, but i want something else. Probably HID fog lights but after i get done with the front end, what's next? any mods you guys have really been glad you did? :confused: for me, its all about making the driving experience better. i don't care about 20" rims or anything like that. I just bought an Optima battery just so my car would fire on faster every time. I was thinking about a body kit but we'll see. this car is just a learning experience, for when i go back to the US. I'll do all this, and sell it, then when i get back to the US, get like an IS350 and get right into changing stuff. I thought about selling it and getting the 350Z, but I'm very content with the way my car feels right now. what do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good thinking.
also, i thought i should add, someone a short time back totalled their R33 GT-R and ended up killing someone, so all performance modifications are pretty much not gonna happen, unless its like an intake an exhaust that i can just shrug my shoulders at and say "it was there when i got it." my buddy had a Subaru STi Type-R (they dont make in the US), and he caught major heat for the car having major performance modifications after that. basically, if i were to like do the 2JZ twin turbo swap, like i want to do, i would be put in a high risk category and have to report when i drive my car.

the most horrible thing ever is finding parts for a Toyota Altezza, not an IS300, since they are different. I would have to say, the best mod i have done would have to be the HID's. Its like, i wont drive a car now, unless it has HID's because the visibility is so much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, in the 8000k defense, i really do get quite a bit of enjoyment out of them. they are very visible during the day, and appear slightly blue, and at night, the whiteness in them make all the road signs really light up. when they were in the mail i thought maybe i had made the wrong decision and maybe i should've just been like everyone else and got 5,000k or lower but i really find them to be the perfect mixture of color and brightness. plus, here in okinawa, we only have about 2 months a year of bad weather. the rest of the time its hot out, very similar to hawaii, so i don't really have to worry about crazy weather or anything. when i go home to Seattle, WA, i'll probably opt for lower "k" HID's. though, my only complaint is, the people over here really dont care of they ding your car when getting out. i keep telling myself, "1 more scratch and i'm car's gonna be primer black and then i won't give a damn." then, ill switch to 4500k hid headlights and fog lights, tinted windows, black rims. i like that look too. a lot of gay skyline's and rx7's paint their cars primer colors. has anyone done that to a car on here that wasn't an all out race car or anything? i think i'd be the 1st in okinawa.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
6spd swap. V160 tranny. Love it. I can raise the boost and nail the gas without having to worry about pieces of tranny flying out on the highway. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.