Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 manual IS , and it has the tranny problem where it keeps popping out of gear and grinding.

i take the car to rallye lexus in long island, they claim they tested the car and it doesnt happen. they refuse to fix it. after i explain to them alot of other people have the same prob. they still like nah.

so i call up 800 25 lexus complain to them the car is undrivable. they are like go to another dealer if that one is giving u problems. So i made a appointment took the car to lexus of manhattan. dropped it off wed. they call me the next day and say car can be picked up and has no problems.

i was like WTF , i went there and said let me drive it with the teck in there, they were like ok. i dirve it for the guy and it happens 2 seconds later, i dont know what the other guys did? , then the tech drove it and it happens to him. and they still not agreeing that there is a prob. they sent me home with the car and said call monday i called left voive mails , nobody called me back

dont know what to do next, lexus sucks , they quality sucks m and their service sucks

at least in NYC .. anyone know whats the next step i can take?

·
Registered
33 Posts
mokujin101 said:
i have a 2002 manual IS , and it has the tranny problem where it keeps popping out of gear and grinding.

i take the car to rallye lexus in long island, they claim they tested the car and it doesnt happen. they refuse to fix it. after i explain to them alot of other people have the same prob. they still like nah.

so i call up 800 25 lexus complain to them the car is undrivable. they are like go to another dealer if that one is giving u problems. So i made a appointment took the car to lexus of manhattan. dropped it off wed. they call me the next day and say car can be picked up and has no problems.

i was like WTF , i went there and said let me drive it with the teck in there, they were like ok. i dirve it for the guy and it happens 2 seconds later, i dont know what the other guys did? , then the tech drove it and it happens to him. and they still not agreeing that there is a prob. they sent me home with the car and said call monday i called left voive mails , nobody called me back

dont know what to do next, lexus sucks , they quality sucks m and their service sucks

at least in NYC .. anyone know whats the next step i can take?
go to NJ and have it serviced there. I have heard the Lexus dealers are good

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
yep...try WARNOCK LEXUS or RAY CATENA LEXUS here in NJ

they are both reputable...i go to Warnock....only complaint right now they are jammed booked solid! I had to order a new stereo cuz my CD's got jammed for the first time ever...and took 2 weeks to get it in...and i called today, and they said they cant install till next thur aug 14.....damn it....other then that, they are super good there....never a complaint....

whatever you do....NO BOB CHISULI!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I was buying my car I went to Rallye Lexus and couldn't stand the place. The salesmen there were all real jerks, so I bolted out of there fast. I also didn't even look at Manhattan Lexus because the service department there is supposedly extremely busy and difficult to work with. I ended up at Lexus of Massapequa alittle farther out on the island. I think its a great dealership, very professional and I've had only good experiences there. Maybe you should try taking the car to them.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Warnock is in northern NJ. About 20 miles (maybe shorter, just a guess) west of Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel). I've had nothing but the gold treatment there. 8)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Grazniek said:
actually, Ray Catena Lexus isn't in Jersey at all. Its in Larchmont, NY. 20 or so miles North of the City don't know about the other dealer.
There is also a Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth, NJ near Eatontown. Pretty far south of NYC. The service there is pretty good and responsive to issues. Expensive though.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Grazniek said:
dopeis200 said:
tsopranoMB said:
yep...try WARNOCK LEXUS or RAY CATENA LEXUS here in NJ
is that south jersey?

actually, Ray Catena Lexus isn't in Jersey at all. Its in Larchmont, NY.
20 or so miles North of the City
don't know about the other dealer.

yo ya dumb newbie... http://www.rclexus.com/index.html

Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth
2135 Route 35
Oakhurst, NJ 07755

1 - 10 of 10 Posts