Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Graphite IS and want to tint this weekend. I'm worried about going too dark, not so much for attention from the cops, but more that I want the car to have a classy look rather than go totally stealth.

Which do you recommend above?

Anyone have comparison pics on a Graphite IS showing the difference between 20% and say 30-35%?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
if you want to stay away from cops, scratch that 20%/20% option.

getting the same percentage tint normally looks a little better than contrasting shades, but a contrast makes ur fronts look lighter (less attention from cops)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
my GGP is being tinted right now. I picked 35% all around instead of 20%. I wanted my tints to be uniform on all windows, plus I wont get pulled over as easily if I went with 20%. 35% on Graphite is perfect.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey i got 20% all round i've gone by cops and i have a super red IS. My car should get tickets left and right but i havent gotten pulled over yet. So dont be worried bout your tints attracting cops if u see a cop roll ur front windows. Thats all i gots to say

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input all.

I went for 35% all the way around and am not disappointed.

Looks classy on the GGP while still offering some privacy during the day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
davchang11 said:
just make sur eyou do the same all around....imho i think its ugly when its diff in front and back
That's the cool thing about having the rear only at 15%, you can't tell the difference unless you're looking for it or know it's there. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok i didnt see this as a choice on the poll but hows this sound
5% all the way around (thats limo) and 20% on the windshield
heres some pics so you can see what im talkin about

oh yeah its not ilegal untill you get caught 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts