Lexus IS Forum banner

What The Heck Is That ???

877 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Anthony3g 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a really odd kind of reving soud when i first drive off EVERY TIME. when i leave in the morning i start my car and let it idle while i finish getting ready for the day and when i first pull off it makes an odd sound ??? its almost like sumthing is starting up ??? i think its my ABS or sumthing to do with it bcuz if my foot is on the brake when that sound happens then the brakes kick in and stop abruptly ??? anyone heard of this ???

#2 ·
when i first read it.. i was like ummm.. it sprobably your motor reving up to go hahaha

but then i read it aaaalll. hrm.. dunno what that is mang. Its hard for us to diagnose sometimes on a furm because certain things make certain sounds but we cant hear it. =/ Im not too familiar with ABS systems, but i dont think they have a motor? correct me if im wrong. I hate brakes. haha
GL tho bud. Hopefully someone has more experience with this and can help you out.

#3 ·
are you talking about the infamous rotors? sounds like a big clunk? i've diagnosed that the rotor hits the wheel stud ever so lightly... at first i thought it was the sway bar endlinks...
every is300 i've driven, or friends that have an is300 hear this. weird

#4 ·
mine clunks. lmao!! but i think he is talkin about a grinding noise of some sort. not sure.

#5 ·
IDK waht the hell is going on ??? does anyone live in SOcal that i could meet up with and give a chance to diagnose in person ??? im just trying 2 get this problem fixed for the lowest price that i can, i have the money 4 it but i have plans 4 sum major mods and dont want to spend it on repairs...so if anyone has sum repair suggestions to try it would be nice, or any type of suggestions on where to look to spot anything thats wrong please let me know..thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.