Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just called in our local Lexus dealership..and dealer said that theyre selling pr8ice for IS3 is 39k?? wats up with that??? tehy said they could take 2k off,but 37k is still a LOT to pay for an IS3 fully loaded rite??? im gonna go tomorrow to check price again,see wat options they could POSSIBLY have to raise it to 39k!

[This message has been edited by 92diamante (edited November 28, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,noticed my mistake...sorry. IT's just that the dealer said something about it having more improvements?? Whats VSC? or soemthing like that..its some kind of traction control taht the IS3 has???Thats what the dealer said...i think hes BSing... (that sounds like something the cl type S has rite??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Originally posted by 92diamante:
Yeah,noticed my mistake...sorry. IT's just that the dealer said something about it having more improvements?? Whats VSC? or soemthing like that..its some kind of traction control taht the IS3 has???Thats what the dealer said...i think hes BSing... (that sounds like something the cl type S has rite??
VSC - vehicle stability control. not avail. in the 2001 model. It takes avantage of the abs and traction control to keep you from oversteer and understeer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by paulwu:
VSC - vehicle stability control. not avail. in the 2001 model. It takes avantage of the abs and traction control to keep you from oversteer and understeer.


Well the dealer said teh cars they had had VSC? and Clam: that 37K isnt even out the door..plus all the taxes and [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
yeah jelly! so that after you buy the car the stick they shoved up your hole won't feel soo bad. oh yeah...37 seems kinda high
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I haven't seen any that high, but I have heard of dealers installing (or getting someplace to install) aftermarket parts. The Lexus dealer in my town got our speedshop to install some GReddy mufflers, the shop charged like $200 for them, and they dealer hiked it up to $500 on the sticker for a "dealer installed option."

------------------
Patrick
1989 Camry 5-speed
Mods: Suspension, intake, exhaust, stereo, interior
The ImportMania Performance Page
http://importspeed.net/importmania
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
10 bucks says your dad or the salesman got the model wrong and is talking about the GS300 or something. If you pay $37k for an IS300, it better come with a bridge big enough to span the Hudson River.

Originally posted by FullyLoaded:
maybe this one has the fold down seat options. That would explain the price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
H-ll no. That's B.S. I would personally go to the dealer myself and look at any options that have been added on to jack the price up. Then I would negotiate from there.

------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
i dunno but in ny i paid about 40,000 with tax in all the options, and that is with a deal. The sticker price on mine was 34,560 or something like that. I paid close to 3,000 in tax plus i added to options, so maybe they are right and they were giving you the out the door price on it!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no actually,the idiot dealer accidently gave us the RX300 price(39k). The IS's were in the 34k to 35k range. GOnna get one soon for 34k hopefully.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Haha!! Someone owes me 10 bucks! There aren't enough options to bring it to $39k.

Originally posted by 92diamante:
no actually,the idiot dealer accidently gave us the RX300 price(39k). The IS's were in the 34k to 35k range. GOnna get one soon for 34k hopefully.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top