Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys;

First of all, please don't say 'Use the search feature', because i did. i just can't find the info.

Here goes, what stand alone ECU's will work on a is300 2JZGE VVTI with the Eshift? I know AEM EMS is still working on it, and they have issues with the VVTi, any others worth mentioning? Can the VVTI be taken out and replaced, not that I really want to, but I wold do it to get a stand alone working.

Nick

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
all stand alones have the potential to work with our car

pfs uses tec3

toyomoto uses haltech

phr uses motec

its not easy to make it work, its not as simple as just wiring it in like most other cars. pay for a tuners kit, otherwise you'll be in a world of hurt, and probably end up paying more money in the long run

-gte

speednik said:
Guys;

First of all, please don't say 'Use the search feature', because i did. i just can't find the info.

Here goes, what stand alone ECU's will work on a is300 2JZGE VVTI with the Eshift? I know AEM EMS is still working on it, and they have issues with the VVTi, any others worth mentioning? Can the VVTI be taken out and replaced, not that I really want to, but I wold do it to get a stand alone working.

Nick

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Standalones

So here goes, are there maps available to make the VVTI part of the 2JZGE work. I hear that that is where AEM is having problems.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

speednik said:
So here goes, are there maps available to make the VVTI part of the 2JZGE work. I hear that that is where AEM is having problems.

i think the tec3 is made to have variable valve timing still be enabled in cars that have it from the factory.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts

speednik said:
OMG, it says TipTronic in his sig!

dude, its an E-SHIFT

TipTronic is on MB's

:lol:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts

tsopranoMB said:
speednik said:
OMG, it says TipTronic in his sig!

dude, its an E-SHIFT

TipTronic is on MB's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts