Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have zeal basic coilovers. and its not stiff enough for me anymore.is it possible to change springs from my coilover?whats springs do you guys prefer?i wish to get a very stiff one to provide better conering.and i heard about kg/mm ..i dont know what that is.can anyone explain to me.thanks

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I just recieve my H&R springs Friday and i'm soooo eager to put them on. I heard alot of good things about H&R. Best bet with that IMO.

-Ringo

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
kenji0104 said:
i currently have zeal basic coilovers. and its not stiff enough for me anymore.is it possible to change springs from my coilover?whats springs do you guys prefer?i wish to get a very stiff one to provide better conering.and i heard about kg/mm ..i dont know what that is.can anyone explain to me.thanks
Those are the springs rates. You specify front and rear like 16k/12k. There are obviously a multitude of combinations. If you don't know that, you're not going to be able to pick the springs you want. Your best bet is to ride other cars and find one that YOU like, then get those springs. Many people go through quite a few sets...

Stiffness doesn't always equal better cornering. You'd probably be surprised to find out how much a new set of sways improves your cornering. And the stiffer you get your springs, the harsher your ride is going to get. DerekB has some pretty damn stiff springs on his race car - ask him if he drives it to work. I think his teeth would fall out.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
kenji0104 said:
i dunno about the basics........but you could stiffen up your suspension with dampening-adjustability....get shocks that can be adjusted for dampening...and set them to stiff.....

most coilover manufacturers offer springs to use in the coilover with different springrates.....i have no clue where to get the springs for the zeals.....the different spring-rate springs are usually really cheap (100ish)

if you decide to go with another spring rate...i would recommend figuring out what spring rate you would be happy with

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Springs H&R

coilovers

zeal and Jic

David

Ringo :shame:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts