Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know what you guys with BBK's are doing if you get a flat. The IS300 rim will not fit with my BBK. A member on here told me that he is using a Supra spare, but they are hard to come by. Are any of you using another kind of spare like from an ISX50 or something else?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Will one of your rear wheels fit over the bbk? If so just keep a stock spare. Rotating wheels on the side of the road will suck, but it will work.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Get a 10mm spacer. Keep it with your spare in your trunk. When you get a flat, throw that spacer on there and walla. You fit your own spare wheel :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear wheel would probably not fit considering it's an 18x9.5 45mm offset. The spacer idea is good but I would need to change the studs out before hand to add longer ones so that I can use the spacer.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Are you using the stock Is300 wheel? Did you mean you were using the 18" wheel you have? I understand. Definetely grab the Ichiba 15MM Version Type 2. It works great!

I personally run the 17" stock if I get a flat even though my other 3 wheels are 19's. Its just a spare and should be temporary anyway. With the 10MM spacer I received from Ichiba Version I, they work great with my BBK and my stock wheel. I guess to be safe, run the 15MM Version II spacer.... :) No need to change any studs just as white is said....

Hiral

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy 15mm's with studs pressed in like Ichicha V2's. You can run the stock wheels up front with no rubbing and you won't have to use extended studs.

15MM Aluminum Bolt-On Wheel Spacers
Would the factory wheel fit with the 15mm spacers? I looked at the website and the factory studs still stick out a bit from the spacer and could make contact with the back of the rim face. If they work together that's what I am going to do.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
many people run 15mm spacers on the front with stock wheels. i have even seen 25mm front but that was a little extreme

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I run with no spare in my turbo IS does save about 30-40lbs i havent ever needed a spare but i do always travel with a air compressor. In my experiance 90% of the time that will get you to a tire place w/o even needing to touch the spare. Also the isx50 rims will fit a bbk thats what i am currently running on my turbo is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.