Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

What size tire should I run with 18 inch wheels, 7.5 width.
and offset 42.

whats the benefit of going 225 vs. 215?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
check the sticky on top but i would go 225/40, well 225 is wider so you have more of a contact patch, not even sure if that benefits but i'm sure someone will elaborate more on this

·
Registered
195 Posts
that's right, go with the bigger tire. Did you drop your car? Cause I was thinking if you get 40 series then your car might look higher than before, maybe you should go with 45 series to keep the comfort ride and it might not look to high.
i was thinking that when I get my 18's.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MJ Player said:
that's right, go with the bigger tire. Did you drop your car? Cause I was thinking if you get 40 series then your car might look higher than before, maybe you should go with 45 series to keep the comfort ride and it might not look to high.
i was thinking that when I get my 18's.
dont I want 35 series to make my car not look too high???

So i could run 225/35/18????
or 225/40/18???

thanks for the help

·
Registered
195 Posts
In that case go with the 40 series, it makes the ride more comfortable and it won't bend up your rims, but I'm sure you already knew that.

if you go with the 35 series, the your car might look too high cause there will be this enormous GAP in between your car fender and your rims and tires.
trust me the 40 series will do you fine with the look and the drive quality.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok thanks....haha i thought you meant it will look higher because the tires would be bigger.....but that makes sense to about the wheel gap.

does most of you run 225/40's with 18x7.5 wheels??

in the future, if i dropped the car, would i face problems???

and if someone has pics of 18s with 225/40's, I'd like to see them..

sorry about all the questions, thanks a lot, i love this forum :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Overcrook
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing