Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your scare in the Vette is the weight difference. That will be multiplied going to this speed. The IS300 you are working with is close to the Vette weight. I have done more than Drag buddy. Bonneville for one. Sense the Vette was so scary, by the way. It is way more capable of doing what you want by the way.
Just of matter of practicing then? Like if you just built a new drag car, I'm sure people just don't go full pass, they test it. I'm sure I'll get there one day. Just a matter of time and knowledge... and skill :/

·
3,249 Posts
No, they do not. But they also have already got a drivers certification for the class. No going straight to Outlaw without work in slower classes. You can not just go run a car slower. Power reduction is only going to go down so far. Before it does not want to run. So just because you buy it. Does not mean you will be able to go up through the curve real slow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, they do not. But they also have already got a drivers certification for the class. No going straight to Outlaw without work in slower classes. You can not just go run a car slower. Power reduction is only going to go down so far. Before it does not want to run. So just because you buy it. Does not mean you will be able to go up through the curve real slow.
Well, I don't really know what outlaw or any of that is, I don't plan on doing drag race stuff, just a car for driving. I don't plan on being sub-divided based on category. There is many people who just stay to themselves. I was just going to lurk everywhere, cause I didn't want to be profiled but I rather be friendly, and give info on what I find interesting and cool. I'm sure I'll understand stuff later on when needed. I get what you mean with power reduction. That is basic for my understanding, it would be stupid that a person could think "Oh I have a 1500hp car, let me turn it down to 300hp so you don't kill yourself" (that is blasphemy) I understand the crap that goes into making things work. Class is like Gran Turismo based on your experience and progression, You can't get your S spec or whatever license until you work your way up, A, B etc. But you sure as hell can buy the cars that are available, you just won't have the skill to use them properly.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts