Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread, but this is very helpful. I plan to buy an IS300 in the next couple of months. The checklist really helped, thank you! These cars now are really hard to find with Manual Transmission in Toronto, Canada now, and it's even harder to find the SportCross as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm going to see a 2004 is300 tomorrow after work. It's got 141xxx miles and I'm almost positive it's coming home with me. I have a work car so this will be my weekend ride. Anyway just wondering how I can keep this ride alive and well. What should I change replace and be on the lookout for?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would check the suspension for any noise check the fluids ask and find out if the 90k service was done water pump timing belt and so on. Check the transmission if manual for any hard shifts when engine is cold check all door panels for same vin sticker.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Updating for 2014.

Bad cat/o2 sensor (reset ECU to mask CEL or removed CEL light)
Bad bushing on LCA #2
Crack radiator (at top)
Bad HVAC servo's
Bad door lock actuators

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got an 03 manual w 37k. shifting is very precise. if I'm rolling down a hill off a light from red and am not in gear, it doesn't want to go in first and I have to put it in second. but I came from driving a crx and it shifts like an 80's manual honda. I had a hard time finding a manual from the dealershipss new at the time. , I got the feel that maybe 1 manual per 20-30 autos might be the build ratio.

my dash's coating turned sticky around 08. I never used cleaners, so it's a defect. my CDs don't want to eject. it's horrible in snow and ice.

but what a fun car to drive

mine is plain jane, so upgraded electronics to comment on

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello just bought a 2001 IS300 with 111K, its an automatic and was wondering if you guys knew of any threads strictly for automatic is300s that i could read about, or maybe i can ask a few questions on this post ? new to the website, still learning my way on navigating through out threads, long story short ive had no problems SO FAR but just wanted to know what to look out for, and what sounds may be a sign of some critical damages that may or is about to happen.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.