Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I expect out of 10k service?

I'm approaching 10k miles on my car, so what should I usually expect from a 10k service? Thanks

-Ringo

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
expect to pay around $100...

for more details, refer to your IS300 service manual...or have someone pull it up for u on .net

·
Registered
888 Posts
10k is just a regular oil change like the 5k. The 15k is the 1st big one, which I'm approaching....YIKES!!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
i think the 10k service is just an oil change and tire rotation. I don't think the 15k service is much more other than maybe changing the air filter. The 30k interval services are where it will start to get expensive.

You'd probably ought to tell the dealer specifically what you want done. The dealer's "10k service" could be substantially different from Lexus recommended 10k service.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i also got this cool ball from the dealership...

i guess its a stress ball or something

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
AltezzaBoy03 said:
i also got this cool ball from the dealership...

i guess its a stress ball or something
it might be for you to chew on - so you don't bite your tongue while they rape you with their prices j/k

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
goldark said:
it might be for you to chew on - so you don't bite your tongue while they rape you with their prices j/k

:lol: :lol: :lol:

anything is possible... :eek:

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Yeah, my local dealer wanted $165 for the 10k service (basically oil change, tire rotation, etc). I'm like, no thanks... Oil change only and I got free tire rotation @ NTB when I had my alignment checked.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
damn, i only paid $102

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I just made my 10k appointment but I was just wondering since I didn't do this for my 5k but what loaner cars do Lexus usually give out for the day? I'm not quite sure. Thanks

-Ringo

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
u dont get loaners for the 10k...
i think its only the major ones...30k, 60k, etc

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
AltezzaBoy03 said:
u dont get loaners for the 10k...
i think its only the major ones...30k, 60k, etc
Not true...

I've gotten loaners on all my services, i guess it all depends on the dealerships.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
loaners on all?!
damn ur lucky...

·
Registered
6 Posts
AsianSensation334 said:
well I just made my 10k appointment but I was just wondering since I didn't do this for my 5k but what loaner cars do Lexus usually give out for the day? I'm not quite sure. Thanks

-Ringo
usually es is rx

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
you'll have a better chance of getting a loaner if you make your appt well in advance. i get a loaner for any service i have done as long as i give them ample notice. loaners go fast at longo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.