Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my front driver side, there is a bubble on the sidewall of the tire. It is the factory wheel/tire/suspension. I was going to swap out the rims, but the one in the trunk isn't for the right side, so I'd have to do some swapping. Anyway, I just left it. Is this a warranty issue and will Lexus give me 2 new tires, since the others are worn a little?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind, I see the other post.........BUT......it should be under warranty. I can't remember hitting an huge potholes??

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oddly enough, the bubble is on the words SAFETY WARNING.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Usually if it is bubbling on the side wall... you would had to have purchased something called Road Hazard Insurance for the Tire. That was something the dealership did not tell me about when I bought the car, so I had to buy the darn tires. However you can buy Road Hazard insurance from any Tire Store to cover your tires. The thing is, only Lexus seems to carry the tires for the IS. I have Goodyears and even the Goodyear Tire Shops themselves could not pull up my tires in their computers. They eventually found out those tires were imported from Germany I believe. But Lexus has a nice large stock of them in their own warehouses. So if you need the exact same tires immediately, you will have to go directly to Lexus.

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: Badman Forever ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts