Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will pick up my IS this week. Just curious, what did you do right after you picked up your IS???

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
drove home with the biggest damn grin you've ever seen, enjoyed the attention, sat in the car at home for awhile, taking it in, then got out and stared at it awhile, then stared some more, then tried to stop grinning, then sat in it some more, then drove it for a short while, then parked it for the night. went to sleep with a huge ass grin and visions of break in period ending dancing in my head.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Clam's "lol" post doesn't make as much sense as it once used to...

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited November 14, 2000).]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
the day i picked it up, we drove to the mercedes dealership down the street from lexus.

ppl were looking at my car more than some of the mb they had there... that wasn't my intentions tho...we were looking for a car for my roomate...really

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Go in and demand they give you your money back because you made a mistake and you really wanted an Acura.heh heh lol

Actually you want to check for dents,scraped paint, or a ripped up interior such as torn leather or rips in the carpet or cracks in the dash. Make sure their are no cosmetic problems with the car. Do all of this before you sign off on the delivery. If you find any problems do not sign and have the dealer fix the problem.

If there are problems it is still not too late to get an Acura.

[This message has been edited by SoundSpeed (edited November 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
take a picture and call it 'before'. then start doing some major mods the next day...
mods could include 20" rims, custom-fit altezza body kits (as they won't fit on your IS), huge exhaust, put on fake altezza tailights...etc.etc.etc....
p.s. don't mean to start a flame as i know some ppl's on this board hate mods!!!

[This message has been edited by 99V6Coupe (edited November 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oooh the title on this thread is just asking for smartass remarks
I'm actually very impressed with the restraint.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for all your inputs. I was mainly interested in some kind of maintenance steps I should do right after I pick up my IS.

SoundSpeed, thanks for your advice. Btw, I already have an Acura 1.6EL which is not available in US.

Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
Go in and demand they give you your money back because you made a mistake and you really wanted an Acura.heh heh lol

Actually you want to check for dents,scraped paint, or a ripped up interior such as torn leather or rips in the carpet or cracks in the dash. Make sure their are no cosmetic problems with the car. Do all of this before you sign off on the delivery. If you find any problems do not sign and have the dealer fix the problem.

If there are problems it is still not too late to get an Acura.

·
Registered
253 Posts
make sure you take the day off...
you will need it for all the fun you will have.
your first day will be by far your most memorable....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, nutinbut, I am going to take a day off. Can't wait....

Originally posted by nutinbut:
make sure you take the day off...
you will need it for all the fun you will have.
your first day will be by far your most memorable....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts