Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read through all the sticky's and searched.
i know i cant use the factory amp with my rear aftermarket speakers.

okay so i just bought ECLIPSE SE8493 6X9" 4-WAY SPEAKERS.
i have factory amp and head unit.
i have a sound system wired.
this includes one 2 channel amp. and 2 12inch subs.

alright so what would i need to put in these 4 way 6x9 speakers?
i am so lost with al these cross-overs blah blah components...

i just need help on what i need for these 6x9's to work.
my stock rear speakers blew on the driver's side (the sub of it not the tweeter)

can anyone help me on what to buy and install for these to work? or will they work like a miracle without installing anything else?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It depends on how your subs are connected to the stock HU. If it is connected using the line out mod for the factory amp, then you can put a y on the rca lines going into the sub amp. Then use a second amp to power the new 6x9s. If the sub amp is connected to the stock rear speaker signal via line level input on the sub amp, then you will first have to perform the line out mod on the factory amp and install the new 6x9s amp using that signal. The pre amp out or line out mod is
listed in the sticky.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
OR you can just buy a 4 channel amp or another 2 channel with a signal pass-through and use one set of rcas from the factory wiring, and have the other set for amp #2 coming from the other 2 channel. Best option would be to replace the factory headunit and fronts, and amp all 4 speakers and subs. That would give you the best sound.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Yes, it's better if you replace all of the speakers by using a 4 channel to power them...

4 way speakers? wow

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay ive decided to get a 2channel speaker amp and run the rca's through my sub amp.
would that work out? or will i still have a problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts