Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 01 is300, and was wondering what mods should be done first. Rims have already been done. have a light grey is and went with the racing harts gt-5 in a 19-7.5. Was thinking about going with headers next but wasnt sure if that was the place to start or not.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
VAis300 said:
just got my 01 is300, and was wondering what mods should be done first. Rims have already been done. have a light grey is and went with the racing harts gt-5 in a 19-7.5. Was thinking about going with headers next but wasnt sure if that was the place to start or not.
what is your budget?
is this a daily driver?
is reliablity an issue?
do you want to go fast?
do you want it to handle well?
drag strip or from a roll?
supercharger, nitrous, or turbo?

·
Registered
634 Posts
VAis300 said:
turbo

·
Registered
35 Posts
goldark makes good pt..you need to know wat type of driver you are or wat type of driving you want to do...datz the very 1st step..as for me ..i like sliding it around the cornerz..more than goin so fast..but datz just me=]

·
Registered
25 Posts
some stickers

and some fuzzy dice for the mirror :p

exhaust is a common starting point. So you could do some headers and some exhaust if you are not planning on going with a Turbo or Supercharger anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
VAis300 said:
are you the kid that works at sterling best buy?

if so....buy my cf hood...lol

since you already have wheels...i would recommend going with a spring/shock combo....to drop the car and give it a nicer stance.....

might as well also do the remaining suspension so you only gotta get one allignment....anti-sways + braces......

do you also go to sterling nova? saw your car last semester....carmax tags?

good luck....suspension won't need to be changed if you do go turbo...and trust me...turbo is gonna cost you alot more then you think...especially on a student budget (that's where i made my mis-calculations...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.