Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what parts actually changed? I've seen many people say that the 03's (and 02s) are lower than the 01s, and i've measured this myself on two stock cars (01 and 03), but what accounts for this? I had the parts guy at the Lexus dealer look up the shock and spring part #s for 01 and 03 and there are no differences... short of those two parts i would think it would have to be a fairly major design change (different control arms or something) to drop the car... anyone got any facts on this??

thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I thought the '01's were lower than the '02-up (e-shifts)??
and the manual tranny '02-up are lower than the '01????

eh whatever... eitherway.. it's still not low enough. :lol:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Only diff I've been told about is between the e-shift and the manual. Something about tranny/drive-line clearance. Not sure.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
You're got it all wrong. 2001's are lower than 2002+'s, and all manuals are higher than the same year autos. 2002+ manuals are ALOT higher than 2001 autos. it's probably due to the springs having an extra year or 2 to settle and flex.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
kraze8 said:

- nothing can ever be too low...

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
kraze8 said:

edit: nothing can ever be posted once.. :crazy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just as an update, i was looking through the printouts that I got from the parts counter and despite what they told me, there IS a difference between the 01s and 02+s wrt springs... from 05/2000 - 07/2001 they used different springs than from 07/2001 to the present... i'm going to go back to see if there were any shock or other changes...

·
Registered
960 Posts
JeffB said:
just as an update, i was looking through the printouts that I got from the parts counter and despite what they told me, there IS a difference between the 01s and 02+s wrt springs... from 05/2000 - 07/2001 they used different springs than from 07/2001 to the present... i'm going to go back to see if there were any shock or other changes...
I think that the 5-speed manuals come with a sport tuned suspension, i.e. slightly stiffer springs. The manuals are probably a little lighter than the autos as well. These differences might account for a slightly higher ride height. Other than that, perhaps differences are attributable to different brands of tires. Even though they may have the same nominal size specification 215/45 x17, the actual measured size can vary a surprising amount from one brand and model tire to another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts