Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always thought it was more of a keyless entry, and sort of a shitty alarm as far as actual car alarms go...

but tonight mine went off, and when i walked out the car looked ok and there was no one around.... what could have happened?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i dont really know unless someone actually breaks a window and unlock the door from the inside and thats when the alarm goes off shuting down everything. but it is wierd for your stock alarm to go off without any physical damage to your car. no damage then dont worry bro

-ringo

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
good excuse for a loaner :D

Does the IS have motion sensors (like if you push up and down on the trunk will the alarm go off?)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
That happened to me once the same way. My alarm going off in my closed garage. I went to look, nobody there.
You can shake that sucker and it wont go off, but the other day i found out if you try to lift the hood it will go. My hood wasn't closed all the way and when i went to lift it, i thought swat had arived.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
thedon said:
That happened to me once the same way. My alarm going off in my closed garage. I went to look, nobody there.
You can shake that sucker and it wont go off, but the other day i found out if you try to lift the hood it will go. My hood wasn't closed all the way and when i went to lift it, i thought swat had arived.
:lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
happen to me once when i was 15 ft away. I think my other keys could of accidentally pushed the panic buttom. that's the only excuse i can up with.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,829 Posts
I work close to the airport and every now and then, the noise from a a jet airplane will set off my alarm. :-?

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,829 Posts
MSM MT IS300 said:
luke722 said:
I work close to the airport and every now and then, the noise from a a jet airplane will set off my alarm. :-?
? the stock alarm, or aftermarket?
The stock alarm. It's happened twice already. I'm sitting at my desk and I hear a horn going off. The secretary tells me it's my car but I don't beleive her. When I look outside, it is my car! I assume it's the jet noise...either that or someone tried to break into my car and took off before I looked. :-?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
my one went off once when i was having dinner at my friends when a cat walked on top of the car.

There are 2 sensors for the alarm, one on the drivers door lock and the other inside the interior light...

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car alarm goes off if you arm it and open any doors, hood, or trunk. I wish Lexus made it better that that... :-?

·
8,880 Posts
It will go off if the arm button is pressed constantly for a few seconds.
The button my be accidentally pressed inside of your pocket.

Stock alarm will only go of if:
60 sec arm period has completed and
1) Any of the locks opens (Not Via Key)
2) Any of the doors opens
3) Trunk opens (Not Via Key/Keyless/Handle)
4) Hood opens
5) Ignition sequence starts without key in the lock

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Alarm also goes off if one sits in the car without turning it on for about a minute. I've done that a few times.

-crontab -l

1 - 13 of 13 Posts