Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new to this board..but i signed up cause my gf has an IS300 and im trying to find some stuff out for her, im not as familiar with the IS, but im on LS1.com all the time cause of my Camaro SS...im just trying to find out what yall recomend for lowering the IS300...it something she is looking into soon, i know about the eibachs as they are big with the camaro guys, but ive also found the HKS and hotchkis springs for them too...i was just wondering what yall would recomend....shes looking for about a 1 to a 1.5 inch drop...tahnks alot Jason

·
Registered
174 Posts
there are a few options.

eibach and hotchis will lower about 1 inch
tein stechs will lower about 1.5 inches
h&r will lower about 2 inches

all these springs are good quality just depends on how much you want to lower.

she might also want to look into shocks to compliment the springs
a few are koni, tokicko, and bilstien

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
it all depends what you want dude, when you can answer that its a lot easier o help being, do you want to improve handling, want ride quality but be lower, same ride, just lower ect.

i woluld encourage you to check out tanabe's selection, they have a spring to fit everyone. eibahs are not big in the IS community, but they are a good spring, my friend has them on his IS and they are very nice

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
somguy2u said:
it all depends what you want dude, when you can answer that its a lot easier o help being, do you want to improve handling, want ride quality but be lower, same ride, just lower ect.

i woluld encourage you to check out tanabe's selection, they have a spring to fit everyone. eibahs are not big in the IS community, but they are a good spring, my friend has them on his IS and they are very nice
doesn't the tanabe springs also come with poly-urethane bumpstops?

they off three different springs for 3 different driving characteristics/height

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
the bump stops actually i don't tihnk comes for the IS, they do it for applications that need it, and the ISis not, at least not with mine. the DF210 might, the drop thats like 2.5-2.25" but mine didn't and i don't think the NF do either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.