Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im buying a used 2007 IS350 from virginia on saturday.. and i was thinking about changing the summer tires to something else before I actually got back to Michigan.. does anybody know what I should get?

We get all sorts of weather here.. right now there is snow on the roads... its sunny so its melting though.. sometimes we'll get 4-5 inches.. other times it won't even rain ...

i was thinking about getting all season tires because they wouldn't make noise.. and i wouldn't have to add/remove tires every few months..

let me know what you guys think on what tires should i get.. all season? stick with summer? winter? snow?

·
Registered
636 Posts
For MI, I'd get performance snow tires, like Blizzaks or something similar - especially if they're only use will be during the winter months.

All-seasons are a compromise which won't do very well in real winter weather (like MI typically gets). If you plan to use them all year, perhaps all-season tires would be a decent choice. But then you'd be compromising all year since all-seasons don't perform as well as summer tires during the warmer months.

I decided to go with Blizzaks for winter. Virginia is sort of "hit or miss" when it comes to winter weather, but we get enough cold temps that stock summer tires become hard as a rock. I figured I might as well get good winter traction and extend the life of my summer tires.

BTW, where are you buying the car?

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts