Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one I test drove had DUNLOP SP9000's on them. Those are great summer tires. Is that stock or is that special order?

Thanks...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was over to the dealer last week and all 5 2002's in stock had Dunlops on 'em!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
mine came with SP9000's. i would assume it has alot to do with where you live.

·
Registered
133 Posts
did you guys with the 02 model get yours with 18" rims? I'd like to see a side by side comparison (other than tirerack) if any of you having pics you're willing to post.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Aren't the manual tranny IS's supposed to come standard with the 18's? I thought they were. I haven't seen any at the dealer with 18" rims.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the Canadians out there:
Test drove a 5-speed in Absolutely Red last night at Erin Park Lexus. (They had also taken delivery of a Sportcross in GGP the day before but it wasn't yet ready for testing out.) Anyhow, the 5sp also had the Dunlop SP9000's on them. Sweet ride, but I was surprised when I managed to squeal them when I threw it (not really that hard either IMO) into a corner. I've run old Conti Sport Contacts and Pirelli P700Z's in my 8 yr. old Civic and have rarely gotten them to squeal so not really sure what happened. (BTW, TRAC was on).
Planning on 2002 5sp. in MSM in mid-October if all goes well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are two Red '02's w/ manual trans. at Lexus of Dayton (OH), both had Dunlop SP9000s. BTW, they also had 17" rims.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts