Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Have you ever heard the BMW sound systems?? They are horrendous...! The subwoofers muddy everything up... My father has the premium sound system in his 2000 740iL (with 4 factory subwoofers).... The sound is muddy and imprecise unlike the crisp, clear notes played by the Nakamichi sound system in my GS400....I heard the IS300 sound system and it's fantastic compared to the competitors...
Eric...

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
I wonder how the IS300's sound system compares to the non Nakamichi stereo in the GS300... The reason I ask is because the standard system in both the GS300 and LS400 has a 10inch sub instead of 6X9's. Will the IS300's stereo sound like the one in the ES300?.... The Nakamichi pakage comes with a 12inch sub....
Eric...

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Well I know that the amps are external (I've seen them in the trunk of my GS400)... If that helps any, so I would imagine that the sound is leaving the head unit at line level...
Eric....

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
P.Bear
I haven't noticed that kind of distortion, but I'll take your word for it. I think the NAK soundsystem is the best I've ever heard thus far when comparing to other factory sound systems.. The Nak amps are Not adjustable as far as I know in my car. I know that Lexus is switching to Mark Levinson in their new LS430s. Mark Levinson make fantastic home systems so I assume that the Mark L. Lexus system will probably be the best factory sound system ever....http://www.caranddriver.com/FrameSet/0,1350,_sl_NewArticle_sl_0_cm_1633_cm_3337_1_16_cm_00,00.html ... you might want to read this.....
Eric...

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Personally If I had an IS300, I wouldn't replace the head unit because it complements the other controls and blends in nicely....If the factory head unit is a double din size, which I'm assuming it would be, then your Panasonic head unit should fit in without a problem....
Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.