Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know we've already had a discussion about which type of wax is best, but I was wondering what was the best type of soap to use on a car. Also, what to apply it on with? (sponge, mit?) Also, whats the best thing to use to dry the car w/o scratching it. I've heard that "the Absorber" is good, anyone know where I could get it or if its good or not?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Supposedly, the Absorber is better than a chamois because it won't scratch the paint like a (dry?) chamois might. I haven't had a chance to get one and try it though. You should find them at any auto parts stores, Wal-Mart, or Target.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I just use any kind of car soap. Klasse All In One can actually be used in place of soap if you want. I've used the Absorber for a long time and it is very good, it is very durable and soaks up tons of water. I recently (like a day or two ago) bought a California Water Blade, which is like a soft squeege (sp?) made of medical grade silicone. It is excellent for removing water fast from the car, but if you want to get the car super dry you still need a tower (or Absorber) to get into the little place. Luckily for me Klasse doesn't need to be applied to a dry surface, so I don't care.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Oh yeah, and use an artificial, not natural sponge. The natural ones have stuff stuck in them that will stay forever cuz it came out of the ocean and can be bad for the finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts