Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2004 MT with 65K miles on it (bought it brand new). I drive roughly 16K miles a year. I want to keep this car until it dies. I take my car to the dealership for everything, and I'm pretty sure they're not using synthetic. Should I be?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
there are like 5 of these threads floatin around, but I'll join in this one too

I use Mobil1 10w-30...I think I may try that Penzoil Platinum next time I change my oil

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
why not search the millions of threads there are on what engine oil we use?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been use'n Castrol 5w30 w/ OEM Filter...I've had pretty good results so far. I've been toss'n around the idea of run'n Mobil1, since that is what I was run'n in my old Integra but the $$$ for change'n it in my Lexus is like $20 more than the conventional. Since I seem to always be low on cash I dont know yet but I only got 42k so I dont know. I guess I'll have to see how things go this summer. I may be take'n a pay-cut($1.00 less per hour) soon in order to move to 1st shift as opposed to 3rd but who knows.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know what was previously used in my car, but I just switched to Mobil 1 Extended Life 5w30 with a Mobil1 filter.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I use on my IS mobile 1 syn.... with oem oil filter... Ive also use Royal Purple on my other car which is very nice as well!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Amsoil 100% Synthetic. I was a big Mobil 1 fan until I heard all the rumors about them claiming to be full synthetic when they really weren't. When I sold my last car I switched to an Amsoil only user for now on, didn't want to mix Amsoil/Mobil 1 in the previous car - otherwise I would have made the switch long ago.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w-30, just gave her a fresh load last weekend.

Reactions: StevenST

·
Registered
371 Posts
Walmart Supertech full synthetic 5w30. $14.00 for 5 quarts. I've been running it for 5 years in 6 different cars and drive aggressi...errr...spirited with no problems.

·
Registered
853 Posts
i'm another Royal Purple user

1 - 20 of 35 Posts