Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying one. I test drove the IS300, and I drove an IS200 for a few weeks when I was in Europe this summer. I like the car.

So I want to know from the IS owners out there is, how do you like your car as an every day driver? Good points, bad points, any problems you had with it, etc. Is the ride to harsh for every day transportation? You get the idea.

And please do not compare the car to the BMW 3-series. If I want that, I'll read MotorTrend or something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It's a real fun car to drive.
Value for money.
Flexible for mods.
Strikingly styled.
It's a great car...makes you realize how life can be fun!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Martin,
I must apologize for other non-IS owners who traverse this site to create havoc...people endlessly seeking attention.

Just test drive one and see for yourself.

·
Registered
291 Posts
NJstype...Erick DOES NOT OWN an IS300...Erick is truly a car enthusiast and car collector...the IS300 will soon be in his garage.

I feel terribly sorry for you...all you have to look forward is your Type CL-S for the rest of your life.

Hey, could you send me your address - I'll send you a babyseat for future use.

This is nonsense...I'm Outta here...

·
Registered
30 Posts
77 strong street
wallington NJ 07057

Not planning to have rugrats soon but the babyseat might come in handy one day..
SEND AWAY!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
NJtype-s, do you know what car was picked as the best car of the year in Japan? And I believe JDM does not have CL, kind of explains something, doesn't it?
Martin, IS is a nice car although they are a few draw backs. The ride is a bit harsh (compare to the GS) due to the low profile tires and the stiffer suspension, but it is not enough to become annoying. A few other downside is that the OEM tire's life span is kind of short, so be expected to replace tire between 7K miles to 15K miles depending on your driving habbit. Also, the gas mileage is a bit poor due to the final drive ratio. Other than that, you are in good hands.
Good stuff with this car? There are too many to talk about but here are a few. Great handling, great brake (almost identical to that of 360 Modena). Good mid range response from the engine, and one of the quickest e-shift systems out there. Also, great sound system and standard HID.
Finally, Lexus service, no one can beat that.
Again, the final decision is going to base on how you like the car after the test drive and if you think it is worth the money you spend.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wait till the stick comes out then you can test drive both of them and compare. They will probably add some more stuff to it to sweeten the deal also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
GPR we are not talkin bout the future, cuz if we wanted to talk future...well TL-type-s
270hp 6 speed rear wheel drive Hmmmmm..
The future is now GPR....im talkin bout the 2000 is300

·
Registered
442 Posts
2000?? dumb $hit, the IS is a 2001. he's not buying the car RIGHT AT THIS SECOND. He's buying it in the future.

[This message has been edited by GPR (edited December 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
You don't even have a TL in the first place. You have a CL...not a TL no wonder why you only have an $11 an hour job.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I suspect Martin M is NJtypeS. just a thought. He done so to avoid his topic to be locked up. Again, just a thought.

if this is not the case, i apologized in advanced to Martin.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Chromplast, the problem I mentioned weren't really problem, they are just the negative side of having low profile tire with a good handling car.
NJtype-s, you still hasn't answer me what is last year's car of year at Japan, and why they don't like CL or CL-S at all there?
I believe the following are the top picks at Japan right now without being in particular order: Skyline GTR, Acura NSX, Sylvia S15, Lancer EvoIV, Altezza RS, Corolla AE86, Supra TT, Integra Type-S.

·
Registered
201 Posts
NjtypeS - none of us IS300 owners have to say anything when you Acura guys come over to our site. Have you ever heard the saying if you don't talk, nobody will know you're a moron? Take that into consideration. For the IS to be a POS, it's awfully funny that since June, the IS without a manual and only one version, has sold through October 11,443 units while Acura has the CL and the CL-s supposedly the super cars in only Acura owner's minds has only sold 12,488 units. Give me a break!

Now to the man asking questions, Martin M. If you want a fun car to drive, striking good looks, service, reliability, manual tranny on the way and a hell of a lot more status than any Acura? Buy it and you won't be sorry. Never listen to people who don't have a clue of what the hell their talking about. Peace!

------------------

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.