Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know this is kind of a shot in the dark as none of you are here, but maybe someone has heard a similar noise. You can start hearing the noise best at 14 seconds.

Last year I did the 90K service water pump timing belt etc.

fast forward to 103k, about a week ago I started to hear a weird sound which is in the video.

Only new changes to the car were an oil change with the V8 filter from Toyota that was suggested in the forum by joe-z (old post). It has been 3k miles since that oil change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toA2kjKNkUY

^^^How the heck do I embed videos here?lol

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I believe embedding the videos doesn't work correctly still...we are aware.
Are you sure you just aren't low on oil since it's been 3k mikes since your last fillup? Just trying to rule out the easy stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you have a power steering leak? I think that may be your power steering pump if the noise I hear is the one you are concerned about. Check your power steering fluid reservoir. If it is low add some fluid and that should take care of the issue. I had that happen on one of my cars before. Hopefully that fixed the issue for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has the temperature started to cool down where you live? My guess would be something with a pulley on the drive belt.
Yeah it recently has gotten cooler. Im in Houston so it will probably fluctuate from hot to cold for a while. Someone else suggested this and I will look into the pulleys on the drive belt.

I believe embedding the videos doesn't work correctly still...we are aware.
Are you sure you just aren't low on oil since it's been 3k mikes since your last fillup? Just trying to rule out the easy stuff.
I was a little low and filled it it back in some. Yeah, any suggestion is fine because I have no idea where to start.

Do you have a power steering leak? I think that may be your power steering pump if the noise I hear is the one you are concerned about. Check your power steering fluid reservoir. If it is low add some fluid and that should take care of the issue. I had that happen on one of my cars before. Hopefully that fixed the issue for you.
Steering has been fine, but I will check out the reservoir when I get home.

Keep the suggestions coming, if all else fails off to the mechanic.lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed it had an oil leak also. I wiped some spots down yesterday and saw some oil pooling on the water pump, and in the valley where the spark plugs are. Can any of that cause the sound?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts