Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the picture where the front bumper and fender meet what is that latch called and where can I find some for my is300 or hatch?

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
that looks ghetto (referring to whatever you are talking about)

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
SSR use to make those. Really just a button that you drill/screw into your bumper and fender then wrap a ziptie around it.

Though I don't see why one wouldn't just spend the extra minute and ziptie where the oem bolts would go. Looks neater. As well as it doesn't scream, "Look how easy it is to seal my bumper!".

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats just a universal splitter. the one pictured is made by ARC magic. Like Zar said, you just have to drill into the front buper to attach it. you can find something like that on Ebay

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
thats just a universal splitter. the one pictured is made by ARC magic. Like Zar said, you just have to drill into the front buper to attach it. you can find something like that on Ebay
He isn't talking about the splitter.

He's talking about the bumper quick releases.

Note where he said, BUMPER and FENDER. Like I said, SSR use to make them but I'm sure others do. I'll check my Doriten a little later and find out.

Here is another pic.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Why??

You can buy a terry spring for about $7 from a race shop.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Do it the "right way" if you want quick release... Dzus fasteners. DFCI Solutions, Inc. - DZUS ® is not affiliated with DFCI ®

By "the right way", I mean what is actually used in race applications. I used to run SCCA ITE class (run what you brung), and these were approved/recommended.

Hey, if it'll hold body panels onto an 850hp mustang at speeds in excess of 170 mph, it'll definitely work on a backyard civic project.

I say just do it "the right way" and don't use them at all... Go with good old fashioned screws and body clips... where they should be!

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
SRR = Simple Ricer Reaction?????

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nevermind it looks ugly..thought it was more like a latch...thanks for the help guyz

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Imo Dzus suck being as how they didn't work as well as I expected.

But whatever you wish I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts