Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
if you are talking about straight line, that's absolutely incorrect. if you are talking about scca type tracks, then you are right, but i am sure if you gave the IS a race oriented suspension, and stripped it of all power and luxury items, like the integra, it would handle as good, probably better than the ITR.

That's why there is a GS-R. Don't make excuses. The R outperforms the IS and is cheaper, so you adding these mod's is quite ridiculous.

·
Registered
571 Posts
some people tend to associate the Type-R with a GSR, when a type-r is a completely different beast.....(not to take anything away from a GSR...I own a supercharged GSR).

Stock for stock, the performance on a type-R is better, but it's hella noisy inside and does not have the luxuries of an IS. So,on PURE performance factor, the R is better. IS is a more full-featured car and probably more practical (although I don't know why we are comparing the two cars....they're so different)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i am not making excuses, i was pointing out that you are comparing apples to an orange peel. if you made the IS300 to be like the type r, then it would be a fair comparison, and the IS would probably be better, but since the cars don't come from the factory like that, it is pointless to compare, that's what i was doing, if you have a brain and can comprehend this.

Originally posted by 98Psi ITR:
That's why there is a GS-R. Don't make excuses. The R outperforms the IS and is cheaper, so you adding these mod's is quite ridiculous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
i am not making excuses, i was pointing out that you are comparing apples to an orange peel. if you made the IS300 to be like the type r, then it would be a fair comparison, and the IS would probably be better, but since the cars don't come from the factory like that, it is pointless to compare, that's what i was doing, if you have a brain and can comprehend this.

If its pointless to compare then stop running your mouth about the IS probably being better than the R with those mod's. That is the point I'm trying to make for you. If you have real world results then share them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is good feedback to compare the CL-S handling
---------------------------------------------

Car&Driver/December 2000

Title: On the dodgy subject of not particularly liking a nearly perfect car

"It's all the right gear, and our track numbers show the Type S to be fleet and capable. Yet somehow the specs don't tell the whole story.
Although the.82g skidpad number is impressive for a car on all season perfomance tires, good grip does not necessarily equal fun. It takes some pushing to get the gront end of the front-wheel drive Type S to push off-line. Inevitably it will.
But thats not the problem. The problem is that it's not much fun getting to the limit. The Type S carries 63 percent of its 3526 pounds at the front, and it feels that way."

"The nice, wieghty steering feels eager to turn in, but the steering is making promises the car will fulfill only gurdgingly. It lacks the necessary balance and fluidity that we want from a sporting car. No amount of grip can completely mask their absence."

-- (This is the funny ****) --

" The Type S is a car that succeeds brilliantly at the mission set out for the Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. It's a sort of digitally remastered Lincoln Mark VIII LSC - a pleasant, prowerful grand tourer that remains a bit wanting"

(Daniel Pund, Car and Driver, December 2000)

---------------------------
Way to go Acura... The Ford Thunderbird of the import world

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
heres your real world results, a tein adjustable suspension is going to be better than any stock honda suspension. without all those ammenities, the IS could weigh the same as the ITR, and that fact that the IS is rwd would, as a fact, make it a better handling car. theres your facts you can't dispute, i thought you would see that is what i am getting at.

Originally posted by 98Psi ITR:
If its pointless to compare then stop running your mouth about the IS probably being better than the R with those mod's. That is the point I'm trying to make for you. If you have real world results then share them.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
no doubt, and if you wanted to even start to compare the ITR to IS, then you would need to make the IS super light, like the ITR, and give the IS a race suspension, like the ITR, then the rest is already proven through history, rwd would prevail.

Originally posted by kkambbak9399:
wat??
did i just hear type r and IS in da same sentence???
u must be kidding rite???

all bout RWD, 50/50 weight distribution

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
damn quit the bitching. every car has its pros and cons. yes type r performs well. yes, the IS looks good and is more luxurious. who gives a damn 98Psi ITR??? u think if we were looking for pure performance we couldnt afford a type R??? better yet, we would just go out and buy a trans am ws6 thatll put your car to shame. i have no hate for your car, as a matter of fact, i considered it as one of my car choices when i was looking for one, but going to a forum like this a bitching will do you no good. what are you getting out of this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
damn quit the bitching. every car has its pros and cons. yes type r performs well. yes, the IS looks good and is more luxurious. who gives a damn 98Psi ITR??? u think if we were looking for pure performance we couldnt afford a type R??? better yet, we would just go out and buy a trans am ws6 thatll put your car to shame. i have no hate for your car, as a matter of fact, i considered it as one of my car choices when i was looking for one, but going to a forum like this a bitching will do you no good. what are you getting out of this?
What is the topic of this thread again? I'm looking for answers for the justification of that statement. I hear this **** all the time. So I'm coming to the source. Don't turn this into my car is better than yours bull****.
I can certainly go and buy an IS as well, that's not the issue.

------------------
T3/T4 hybrid.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Hey 98Psi ITR your ****iness isn't going to do you any good hear. Who ever even said IS300 handles better than the ITR? You think you're bad with you ITR? So am I cool too because i use to drive a hybrid hatch w/ REV HARD stage2? You think you going into a forum like this and you can fix everyone's mind? HELL NO! You come in here with one intention, to prove your car is better, well you failed, because everyone has their own mind and opinion. Dont think you're bad, I know SOHC VTEC HB's that can whoop you at autoX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
Hey 98Psi ITR your ****iness isn't going to do you any good hear. Who ever even said IS300 handles better than the ITR? You think you're bad with you ITR? So am I cool too because i use to drive a hybrid hatch w/ REV HARD stage2? You think you going into a forum like this and you can fix everyone's mind? HELL NO! You come in here with one intention, to prove your car is better, well you failed, because everyone has their own mind and opinion. Dont think you're bad, I know SOHC VTEC HB's that can whoop you at autoX.
Once again bitterness. Don't hate on the R. I'm just coming here for answers, and getting angry IS owners instead. I came here so you guys could prove me wrong, don't get it twisted. And no you aren't cool.

------------------
T3/T4 hybrid.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts