Registered
12,157 Posts
Toro Bierna!

Originally posted by MaxOwner:
tell him ... sí, soy feliz con las miradas de mi coche

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nobody makes fun of an Impreza 2.5RS. It's a serious piece of machinery and handles quite well for a Scoob. Oh, and Crocodile Dundee likes it too.

Originally posted by 22B:
no body makes fun of the IS its a serious picee of machinery HANDLES quite well for a toyota

·
Registered
571 Posts
yeah, man, early back this summer, sometime in july or Aug, some laughed at the thought that the Type-R handled better than an IS.

It's all BS, but you know how some people are with their IS.....they think just because the Type-R is not in the luxo-class or is cheaper, makes the IS superior in all aspects and refuse to admit weaknessess it may have over the R. (Heck, the guys that made those statements don't even have a clue what a type-R is all about, they just think it's a GSR with I/H/E)

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Type-R's a great car but it's hard to differentiate between that and regular integra except the color. Hope they made it more distinctive.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by CL-TypeS:
I would think the IS handles like a camery...
Than you obviously have not driven one. Ignorant comments like that are what drive me nuts - Please speak from personal experience and not from out your ass. The IS is a very competent handling car. I compare it very favorably to my Miata and have beaten other great handling cars at autocross with my IS, so it has the chops. The ES300 I drove for five months (which IS a Camry) does not.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
for the idiotic owner of the maxima who wrote this. Motor Trend admittedly stated that the IS handles better than the BMW 328i...hmmm...by the way..the type-r handles better due to its weight advantage and sport tuned suspension...the engines difference to a GSR is the head, the cam shaft, throttle and a few other minor stuff. where the type r gets its major power difference compared to a gsr is its higher compression. take the i-6 from the IS..put it in a car that weights 2700lbs..and balance out the weight..itll eat up a type r...

Originally posted by MaxOwner:
if it was a BMW then I could see the comparison.. but c'mon its an IS

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the camry is FWD and the IS is RWD, the cars handle completely different, the camry handles more like your integra and acura CL, then it would the IS.

Originally posted by CL-TypeS:
I would think the IS handles like a camery...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
if you are talking about straight line, that's absolutely incorrect. if you are talking about scca type tracks, then you are right, but i am sure if you gave the IS a race oriented suspension, and stripped it of all power and luxury items, like the integra, it would handle as good, probably better than the ITR.

Originally posted by mrclam:
i dont' know how well the type R handles but its defnitely a better track car than the IS.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
HELL YEAH TONY, glad to see you beating down some ass-talkers, hopefully we will be seeing this a bit more often, until some of the ass-talkers quiet down or leave.

Originally posted by webmaster:
Than you obviously have not driven one. Ignorant comments like that are what drive me nuts - Please speak from personal experience and not from out your ass. The IS is a very competent handling car. I compare it very favorably to my Miata and have beaten other great handling cars at autocross with my IS, so it has the chops. The ES300 I drove for five months (which IS a Camry) does not.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
the camry is FWD and the IS is RWD, the cars handle completely different, the camry handles more like your integra and acura CL, then it would the IS.

------------------

Originally posted by Falken:
Let's see--Maxima has no RWD, but is still faster than the IS300. IS300 has no manual transmission but handles better than the Maxima. Seems like a fair comparison to me. Personally it would be a lot easier and cheaper to make the Maxima handle like the IS300 than to make the IS300 as fast as the Maxima.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My wife's car is a 94 Maxima and in stock form the car was friggin scary. I put stiffer shocks on it which helped a lot.
Unless they have made the chassis WAY stiffer in the lastest models, the Maxima is just not ever going to be good handling car. It flexes and wiggles constantly and, now that I have a baby to protect, I am getting something German for the wife.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i'm talking an scca type track, also i'm talking stock for stock

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
if you are talking about straight line, that's absolutely incorrect. if you are talking about scca type tracks, then you are right, but i am sure if you gave the IS a race oriented suspension, and stripped it of all power and luxury items, like the integra, it would handle as good, probably better than the ITR.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts