Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new here. i need you guys to help me out, i have set of high off set rims i wanna bring it out but don't want to change to stud, i know 5mm can be added on without change the stud, but can i add a thicker spacer? like 8mm? i know 10 mm is impossible to add on without changing the stud. if i just add a 5mm, can i see the difference? or just like added nothing? thanks!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Don't go any more than 5mm... I had either a 7.5 or 8mm on, and I could only thread the lugs once or twice around, definitely not safe. You could run 25mm bolt on spacers without any stud modification, but I doubt you'd need that much.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
whats a thicket specer?

just kidding man.

if you want to go more, just swap the studs, its really not hard. ARP makes extended studs

evasivemotorsports.com has them

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
5mm otherwise you need longer studs..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Even with 5mm spacers, be cautious. I have H&R 5mm spacers and they actually came with longer studs. A safe measure is if you're able to thread the lug nuts at least 7 full revolutions, that's what I'd go by.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
do it the right and safe way - change the studs...any spacers would put additional stress to the stock length studs in some form
its not that hard of a job...shouldn't take you more than an hour to change all the studs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts