Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, so no flames- I'm not a n00b. I did find one thread that said Dunlop sp9000's were kinda quiet but doesn't fully answer my question.

MY mom's got a sportcross and definitley doesn't plan on taking the wagon to the track. Her one complaint about the car is that it is too noisy and rough compared to her old Acura (go figure). She needs new tires and wants something with a decent treadlife and is nice and comfy. Ultra high performance need not apply.

ASking for your $.02

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
She could get 15 inch wheels with big thick tires - more rubber means more isolation from the road....

As far as brand, you can check to see whats on the LS 430 or similar car to see what tires are geared toward comfort.

Or you can go to www.tirerack.com and fill out a questionaire where you rank performance, ride comfort, and tread life in order of importance and then get recommendations right away.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS JOE said:
She could get 15 inch wheels with big thick tires - more rubber means more isolation from the road....

As far as brand, you can check to see whats on the LS 430 or similar car to see what tires are geared toward comfort.

Or you can go to www.tirerack.com and fill out a questionaire where you rank performance, ride comfort, and tread life in order of importance and then get recommendations right away.
READ the title- STOCK tires 215/40/17 tires. OF the 17" tires available which is most quiet? Should I say it slower? :roll: j/k
Obviously samller rims would be more quiet but then she'd have to buy wheels wouldn't she (plus it would look ghey).

I'll try tirerack but that site is not always accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts