Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten any discount on the new IS that has bought? I keep hearing people talking about getting a 1000 bux off but who knows if its legit....i really really doubt that...but who knows...so im curious to know who got what so far if any discount?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've tried every dealer in the Chicagoland area, told them that I was paying cash (even though I was financing) and mentioned that I wanted to buy a 350 today at $1500 off. They all said that the IS sells at MSRP. None of them were willing to even talk about negotiation. I couldn't even get a bag of chips thrown into the deal.

Screw it. I'm waiting until the springor early summer. There is such a difference between MSRP and invoice that I'll should be able to get $2-3K off which would be like getting the navigation for free.

*cue the wishful thinking* Perhaps someone will announce a manual 350 by then and I could order one of those at that time. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealers around here in San Diego are selling them for MSRP, I am surprised they didn't mark up the IS3500. I am going to wait until next year when Lexus start dealing them, I am sure by then I should be able to get 3k off the MSRP.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Badman Forever said:
i got a $100 off for referring myself.
now did u get a 100 off the car or theyll give u a check or cash of 100?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i havent discussed pricing yet..with my salesperson..but since i work at the dealearship i expect something...i will keep you all informed when i finalize my deal..right now i'm waiting for the car to come in...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got $500 off for being an existing dealership customer. Sales guy said he could find another $500 if he needed to. Still not enough for me to pull the trigger. I told him to call me when he can sell me my car for $40k. He said to give him 2 months. Fine by me, still have my IS300.

Anyways, to answer your question I guess it would have been $1k off msrp to buy today.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Bernard you bought another IS ? What happened to the Drift Machine?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I brought a 02 new MT, full loaded(lsd, full leather seat, graphite wheels, etc) and full accessory wheel locks visors, cargo mat, ect for 29,995
sticker price 33,400k

·
Registered
645 Posts
winstli said:
I brought a 02 new MT, full loaded(lsd, full leather seat, graphite wheels, etc) and full accessory wheel locks visors, cargo mat, ect for 29,995
sticker price 33,400k
Um, what? :wtf:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just off the phone after talking to the senior sales manager....msrp was 36944 plus 600 for lease fee, total of 37544 i ended up getting it for 36,676 so i gota nice 868 off so not bad,,,,

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
now did u get a 100 off the car or theyll give u a check or cash of 100?
they mail referral checks within 1-2 weeks, they claim. we'll have to wait n see!
and sean, i do have the is300, it's been in the body shop for month #5 now!!!!!!!! no big deal, it's a big time turbo gas guzzler anyways.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ibeebugz012 said:
i havent discussed pricing yet..with my salesperson..but since i work at the dealearship i expect something...i will keep you all informed when i finalize my deal..right now i'm waiting for the car to come in...
what kinda perks do you get for working at a Lexus dealership? Also, how do you even apply, i've looked all over the net at all the nearest dealers and no one has a link that says job opportunities or whatever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This will be my third lexus bought from the same dealer so they gave me a thousand off sticker and sold me the ISP's at cost. Now the wait begins.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i was offered 2500 off a 350 w/sport package, but seeing how i like the IS300 more, and im still paying this car off, i passed :lol:. This was at bredemann lexus in glenview, IL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seven said:
i was offered 2500 off a 350 w/sport package, but seeing how i like the IS300 more, and im still paying this car off, i passed :lol:. This was at bredemann lexus in glenview, IL.
Sorry but I don't believe you. I talked the Bredemann Lexus in Glenview and it was MSRP or bust. They let me walk with cash in hand...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the sad part is people think when a dealer "offers" something, its real....well its NOT....an offer is to get you in and then somewhere SOMEHOW they ALL add costs somewhere to get the payment THEY want u to be at NOT what u wanna be at...i know this cuz im FRIENDS with my sales guy and manager and both tried to wing a package in my price that wud cover paint and crap and i had to bitch to get it off...so in reality UNLESS anyone here has BOUGHT car DONT BELIEVE what u HEAR until u see it ON PAPER...thats SALES trust me i sell timeshare

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone lives in Florida and is interested Lexus is Leasing the IS 250 with 18" wheels plus cargo net and mats for $500 plus tax per month (exceptional credit) with $1,200 due at signing. Unfortunately this deal would result in the person paying $1,800 above MSRP over 36 months. I also found out that the car has an invoice price of $27,419 and the cost to the dealer is $29,591.

1 - 20 of 369 Posts