Votes: 20 0.8%
  • $64,000 - Price doesn't matter!

Votes: 128 5.1%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
60k is ridiculous for an IS350 with mildly different aesthetics, a V8 (That's really all I want in my 350), brakes that are ridiculously expensive to service, stiffer suspension and different wheels. If I was going to spend 60k why worry with an F, GT-R beats most everything under 120k performance wise anyway... Lexus's first stab at a performance car, not bad; however, it's not what I expected and I'm really not that impressed for the price. I hate to say it, but I'd buy from the competition... an M or a GT-R.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't think it's right to compare Lexus to Mercedes and BMW on a reliability factor. We all know that Lexus owns when it comes to reliability.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
this is one looong poll. haha

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd say no more than 55k to be reasonable, even that in my opinion is just way too expensive..

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Where the REAL value comes in is a CPO car and that 100k mile warranty!
But I still think for the money the F is a steal, compared to the fully optioned M3, which offers very similar performance.
I agree. I've been looking at '10 and '11 models and the price compared to new isn't far off, so they definitely hold their value. I'd take an F over an M3 anyday, especially with the improvements and changes on the newest F. I really like the 100k warranty and want a '12:loveit:

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
I agree. I've been looking at '10 and '11 models and the price compared to new isn't far off, so they definitely hold their value. I'd take an F over an M3 anyday, especially with the improvements and changes on the newest F. I really like the 100k warranty and want a '12:loveit:
I'd try to get an '11 if possible, they've got the improved suspension and revised gauge cluster! Further suspension improvements and wheel changes in '12, but not a deal breaker if you can't find it. Make no mistake, I love my M3, especially the DCT, it's much improved over the F's speed in shifting, as is handling (compared to my '08 F) but for the money the F is really tough to beat! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I'd try to get an '11 if possible, they've got the improved suspension and revised gauge cluster! Further suspension improvements and wheel changes in '12, but not a deal breaker if you can't find it. Make no mistake, I love my M3, especially the DCT, it's much improved over the F's speed in shifting, as is handling (compared to my '08 F) but for the money the F is really tough to beat! :)
I'm actually leaning more towards an '11, but it's not for certain yet. I do like the improved guage cluster and even more, the wheel change in the latest model. Tough choices, but thanks for the heads up brotha, I will take note;)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
No problem, happy to help. You may know this, but 2010 I believe got the true mechanical limited slip dif, so if you score a super deal on a 2010, that's still not a bad car by any means! :)
That was actually one of my reasons for crossing off the possibility of buying an '09. I'm going to still look at '10s and '11s, but I've never bought a used car so I need to find one that's well maintained with not too high on the mileage. Appreciate all the help and info:)

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
That was actually one of my reasons for crossing off the possibility of buying an '09. I'm going to still look at '10s and '11s, but I've never bought a used car so I need to find one that's well maintained with not too high on the mileage. Appreciate all the help and info:)
No prob. Let's move this discussion to here for those thinking about picking up a pre-owned IS-F. There are many threads on this, but not a bad place to start here for now:

http://my.is/forums/f136/buying-old-f-434218/index2.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought my 2011 is-f 2 months ago for $49,600 and it had just under 17k miles. The car new was 65k as it has pretty much every option but the adaptive cruise control. Has Mark Levinson sound, moonroof, parking sensors, headlight washers, backup camera, cargo net, and some other random stuff. The price was right at KBB value.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 63 Posts