Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have friend who is going to give me a set of rims when he comes back from japan. i know little to nothing when it comes to rims.:confused: . he is running +14 and +28. he says i will need a chamber kit for the rears. is this even possible to run on the IS? my suspension is stock for right now. but when i get the rims, i will be dropping it the same day.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
+14 is wayyy too aggresive . you will not be able to fit those.
you might be able to get away with with +28..but only if the wheel is like 7" wide.

What are the size of the wheels?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
It's possible, but sizes would be helpful

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
38 offset for the front 34 offset rear
He hasn't even mentioned height or width, and you've determined that 38 and 34 are the lowest possible. haha.

Well I'm currently running 17x8 +33 all around, and miss is300 ran 18x9 +25 and 18x10 +25, so no.

Reactions: baadhabit

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
He hasn't even mentioned height or width, and you've determined that 38 and 34 are the lowest possible. haha.

Well I'm currently running 17x8 +33 all around, and miss is300 ran 18x9 +25 and 18x10 +25, so no.
Ill Roller is right. There's no way to determine offset without wheel sizes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
like i said, convert your car to a nissan ^^^ :)

but really, they will be difficult to make fit with stock fenders if it is even possible. Maybe with flares and lots of neg camber? It could loook thug. Do it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

18x8 +38 front with BBK
18x9 +34 rear

Whos going to get wheels and not lower their ride? That's just a aggressive offset without getting to crazy or using spacers or cambering. The suggested offset is +45 as everyone knows at 8.5. I was just recommending a offset that'll work.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
18x8 +38 front with BBK
18x9 +34 rear

Whos going to get wheels and not lower their ride? That's just a aggressive offset without getting to crazy or using spacers or cambering. The suggested offset is +45 as everyone knows at 8.5. I was just recommending a offset that'll work.
You make no sense, both my car and miss is300's are very low, so I don't know what your first sentence is referring to. And the rest of what you're saying is that by having camber your wheels don't work? We both have driven and proven setups, so 18x8 +38 and 18x9 +34 are clearly not the lowest possible offsets. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: lexus is for lovers

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'd say 17x8 +30 without having to roll fenders. Rear could go a little more aggressive maybe +25 with an 8"

that means with a 8.5" rear +35, and with 9" +~42 maybe 40 with some camber

·
Registered
785 Posts
You can run a 17x8 +30 in the rear no problem. I ran 17x8's in the rear for the drift event I went too. Stock fenders aka not rolled.

-Joe

Reactions: azn4life

·
Registered
1 Posts
is300

I have an '01 IS 300 that has stock wheels lowered 2 " all around. I know that the stock rims' offset is 50. My question is, if I would to go with aftermarket wheels what is the min or max offset I can go without having to roll fenders? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts