Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed:

Some hater has egged my car, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to remove the egg. The egg has dried when I found out, so I have already removed it with a pressure washer. But now I have this residue, sort of like a dry water spot. Is there any way I can get this off?

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
903 Posts
awwwww mayn...that sucks...that happened to me like 3 months ago...if you let it dry ITS ALL OVER. not all hope is lost try though try and buy some dx330 its one thing that might get it out. its a dirt and grease remover, used for cars. cuz egg dont come out when it drys. :x

Makes you wish you had a heavy wooden bat just for that little B*tch!
i know i was pissed...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Egg doesn't come off. You might be able to get the top layer off, but sorry to say it's time for a repaint.

call your insurance company and claim vandalism.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
my car got egged too about a month ago :pissed:

I found it in the morning at 6am, before it got hot, and was lucky to get it off. After I washed it, I used Mequiar’s paint scrub, and was able to get the rest off, however; I have some scratches from where the eggs hit my car...

·
Registered
831 Posts
A lot of insurance companies will fill the claim if you say it's vandalism but be prepared for a rate hike.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Find the kid that threw it and force him to lick it all off.

Either that or clay bar. Just hope it hasn't eaten through the clear coat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys

thanks for the reply guys,

I went to the car wash right away and the pressure washer took all the egg off. Fortunately for me some meguiars detailing spray was able to take off the remaining residue. I guess I'm pretty lucky I found out right away. But any how, I have very strong idea which guy did it, and he will get what's coming to him.

once again thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
184 Posts
damn what a burn.. my car got egged last night. ended up washing the car like at midnight..
still have a lot of scratches from where the egg made impact with the car.
:-(

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Yeah that residue is the missing paint layer essentially. As soon as it dries, it just eats away. Definitely call your insurance company if you cant afford to repaint the area yourself. For a body shop, I'd take it to your Lexus dealer and let them fix it perfectly.

Sorrry to hear that. Same thing happened to me on my last car :(
Just a bunch of jealous kids who get no action in their pathetic life but what goes around comes around.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well I learned this the hard way as well. I am a teacher and 12 cars got egged on the last day of school, including mine. Egg came off but swirl paint marks where they hit. Also, insurance will cover it under comprehensive which does NOT count against you or a rate hike, at least State Farm. Getting it painted, so its not too much of a bummer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts