Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
the thing is...i don't think there's anyone out there that tried one...then took them off, then tried the other...so it's really hard to say. so it's really hard to answer this question...

heh...some help i am huh???

scott was here
------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

[This message has been edited by HyperMKIV (edited January 31, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
i love tein coilovers, but then again, the apexi is basically a stock like feel ride...so i would consider getting those.=]

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
174 Posts
whats the cost of both of them?

Originally posted by Teezin Alteez:
The best coilovers are Tein CS but they're hella expensive..Apexi are alright but Teins gives you a much smoother suspension ride.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have heard that the Tein CS are a waste of money. They basically give you a stock ride. If your going to spend that much on coilovers why not get something that will make you handle hella good. I would be hesitant to buy anything for my suspension with the word "Comfort" in it.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i heard that the CS (comfort series) rides similar to the apex'i coilovers. i really don't think they are the best tiens...they may be the best for comfort...not handling.

the ultimate tien setup would be the RS...aluminum/alloy body - stiffer valving
and more aggressive. shock is height adjustable in two locations (rebound and dampening???). i think it has a reservoir too...the ultimate!!! heh...

these are some ballpark prices that i found for the tiens...

HR no Pillowball - $1100
HR w/ PB - $1450
HA no PB - $1300
HA w/ - $1650
RA w/ - $2050
RS w/ - $2700
CS w/ - $1780

i forget how much the apex'i coilovers go for...it's right around 1200 i think...and i do not think they have one that cost anywhere near 2000 for the IS...

hope this helps...good luck...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
http://www.apexi-usa.com/

no idea if tien has a website or not...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
the apex'i coilovers for the IS300 are NOT available for purchase in the US yet. i just found that out...so those of you who want a set of those, have to wait for a while...sorry guys...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys for your replies also hyper how did you get your coilvers also in those pictures of your car dothey go lower than that,but thanks again guys

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i actually can go lower...but i really don't want too...as for where i got them...well, i can't really say...but they originated in japan...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

1 - 15 of 15 Posts