Lexus IS Forum banner

What is your age? (IS owners only please)

• 20 and under

Votes: 130 20.8%
  • 21-25

Votes: 257 41.1%
  • 26-30

Votes: 133 21.3%
  • 31-35

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • 51-55

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56 and wiser

Votes: 5 0.8%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
27,116 Posts
So I guess it's true... all data collection will form a bell curve!

<P>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suprised by the poll

Im surprised to see how many young people (20-25) own an IS.
I mean...Im glad for ya. Way to go.
<P>We just bought a new '07 IS350, completely loaded and a few extras tossed in for originality. It's beautiful and it flies like the wind. It'll do even better after the new headers and cold box intake are installed.
My surprise is that we paid well over 40k for this car and it's taken me a long time to save the money for it.
<P>How is it that a "kid" (not meaning to sound old) can afford such a car ? I'm guessing that most cars are bought used and that's how it's affordable. For those 20-somethings that can afford to buy new......Don't waste whatever it is you have. I'm 41 and it's taken me 20 years to afford this beautiful car.
<P>I LOVE IT.
<BR>Sp0iler

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
So I guess it's true... all data collection will form a bell curve!

<P>
<P>Well, right now it's skewed to the left....

·
1,621 Posts
I had to wait until I turned 21 because there was nooo way I could afford the insurance, let alone the car, until I was 21 and had a real job!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I concur with Sp0iler. I see the same thing on the RX-8 forums; I can't believe how many are teenagers. Both my wife and I plowed through two university degrees in ten-year-old cars before finally upgrading last fall. Even then we didn't buy new, I searched long and hard for a good low lease buyout for our IS and RX-8, but even still it cost a pretty penny.

<P>All I can say is regardless of how you get your car, whether it's well-off parents, or your own sweat and labour, please take care of your car and don't take them for granted. Money doesn't grow on trees, so when I see people make comments like "I take my front license plate off because it looks better and treat the fix-it ticket as a mod," it makes me wonder whether they deserve such a nice car.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Im surprised to see how many young people (20-25) own an IS.
I mean...Im glad for ya. Way to go.

We just bought a new '07 IS350, completely loaded and a few extras tossed in for originality. It's beautiful and it flies like the wind. It'll do even better after the new headers and cold box intake are installed.
My surprise is that we paid well over 40k for this car and it's taken me a long time to save the money for it.

How is it that a "kid" (not meaning to sound old) can afford such a car ? I'm guessing that most cars are bought used and that's how it's affordable. For those 20-somethings that can afford to buy new......Don't waste whatever it is you have. I'm 41 and it's taken me 20 years to afford this beautiful car.

I LOVE It!

Sp0iler
It's called "Daddy Got Bucks!!!" I wish I had a silver spoon in my mouth ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got my IS when I was 19 and I loved the car. I had a choice between. an S2k and a 350. I guess I just picked the IS because it was a fun car to drive and a 4dr has more room then a 2dr. Overall, I just love the body style of the IS 300.

·
Registered
6 Posts
25 without a silver spoon but with a silver IS

Sweet! Just joined the most popular age group of IS 300 owners according to the poll. Love this car and have wanted it since high school. Saving up for it was a whole different story. People gently "used" is the way to go! I think mine was owned by two very mature men. The car is in immaculate condition and that's how I like my cars. Glad to be a part of the forum and even happier to be an IS owner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Age is300 Owner

I was 23 and now 31 love my 2002is300 5sod...in Chicago but time to part ways soon.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts