Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm finaly going the boost route. Planning on buying Somguy2u's old Turboeast S1 kit, here in the near future.

Basically
well as for what's needed it depends on what you want. this was the original stage 1 with the tubular manifold, the s1 came right afterwords. it's reall the same the thing but with the RRFPR vs the emanage.

depending on which route you go
you will need to do a fuel return either way, it can be done from autozone in all honesty. there are instructions on here. the difference is in the FPR

bigger injecter route:
FPR (i used an accel that was made by bosch that was $50 from summit - worked great)
turbo feed line and return line and necessary hardware maybe total $50-70
the mainfold will be 400ish off ebay with the downpipe.
wastegate *i would only use tial* a 38mm would be fine a 44 would hold up to anything. i think they are $350 ish but you can price it yourself
injectors $400ish
fuel pump $80ish
ems of some sort $400-$2000

no ems stock injectors
fuel pump
wastegate and manifold
rrfpr 200-300
done

I've done some reasearch, but cant find much on this specific kit,
I'm planning on going with the bigger injector route, but does anyone have any advice on weather there is any major risk of running on stock injectors and tranny?

I'm looking to run anywhere between 350 and 400whp maybe more if I can safely.

If I go with the bigger injector route? Which size would be necessary to pair with this kit? 440cc, 570cc, or I even read somwehere 870.

And as far as the tranny, I will be dailying this car. Would a VB upgrade be necessary? Or a tranny cooler and torque converter? Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey all,

I'm finaly going the boost route. Planning on buying Somguy2u's old Turboeast S1 kit, here in the near future.

Basically

I'm planning on going with the bigger injector route, but does anyone have any advice on weather there is any major risk of running on stock injectors and tranny?

If I go with the bigger injector route? Which size would be necessary to pair with this kit? 440cc, 570cc, or I even read somwehere 870.

And as far as the tranny, I will be dailying this car. Would a VB upgrade be necessary? Or a tranny cooler and torque converter? Thanks for the input fellas.
with your stated power goals, i think the 570cc injectors would be ideal just in case you get bitten by the boost bug and decided to go higher up in HP gains, as for the transmission i would not trust the stock AT tranny so i would say the VB upgrade is a must. the transmission oilcooler is nice to have but not 100% needed, but it also depends on how you plan to drive your car.

forgot to mention with stock injectors you wont be able to hit your goals without running dangerously lean. i believe stock is 270cc? correct me if im wrong here.

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
Hey all,

Basically

550cc RC injectors are easily found, and will work for your goals. VB upgrade is a must. If not, the tranny holds the car in gear longer, making shifts weird and improper.

Tranny cooler on an auto is a great idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.