Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i passed by the local lexus dealer to check out the new ISs...they looked amazing in person and the red was hott!...but the one thing that caught my eye in the used section was a solar yellow 01 IS...i went in for a closer look...
l-tuned kit
tints
jdm small ant.
cf trd front grille
hks dragger
aem intake
no emblems in the rear
tein s techs
jdm high spoiler
and some polished wheels i cant remember who made them rightnow
...so basically its a nice car...kitted dropped and on wheels already...but heres the thing...the dealer didnt hook it up..its a used car that was recently traded in...well anyways..what im trying to get at is that they were asking 28k for it...mind u it was an 01 eshift and had 67kmiles....what a joke...ill pass by later to get some pics...
sorry for my pointless rant...this is the same dealership that wanted 25k for my 01 eshift last year with 60k miles on it...needless to say i left and got my car somewhere else...

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
lol, the probably went online and looked up all the aftermarket parts new, then added that to the bb value. Dealers are weird like that though. The dodge dealer near me marks up neons about 4,000$ because they put big wings on them and paint them funky colors. :)

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Dealerships are crazy, my mom was looking at a cadillac xlr and they wanted an extra 9 grand for 20's that were no name brand and a big brake kit :suspiciou Crazy MOFo's, we walked of course.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
and u know wats funny..... if u go to trade ur car wit all those mods on it they'll tell you that it doesn't matter wat u have done to it and just give u there bb value. And now i bet they want at least 10 grand more than wat they gave the person. shady buisness :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dtrip77 said:
and u know wats funny..... if u go to trade ur car wit all those mods on it they'll tell you that it doesn't matter wat u have done to it and just give u there bb value. And now i bet they want at least 10 grand more than wat they gave the person. shady buisness :cool:

couldn't have said it better^

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Dtrip77 said:

yeah I hate that crap as well :lol:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
petaa7 said:
well, it prob is coming with a warranty guys...

Yeah tell that to the guy who bought a ford lightning from a dealer(it was a trade in, used truck) with upgrades and then 4 hrs later

"hey guys I blew up the motor"

yeah, warrenties ass :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Yeah tell that to the guy who bought a ford lightning from a dealer(it was a trade in, used truck) with upgrades and then 4 hrs later

"hey guys I blew up the motor"

yeah, warrenties ass :lol:
true true lol.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
dadasups1 said:
this is the same dealership that wanted 25k for my 01 eshift last year with 60k miles on it...needless to say i left and got my car somewhere else...
:jawDrop: That dealer is crazy!!!!! I paid $17,900 for my 01' E-Shift back in January w/ 55,000 miles....

That dealership sucks :pissed:

·
Registered
630 Posts
this reminds me when i went to get me car seviced and I saw a new Is300 with some no name 18" chrome wheels + tires + alpine head unit and the dealer wanted $42,000 :jawDrop:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yo dadasups1 .... which Lexus dealer was this? That just sounds incredibly insane and I would like to avoid that place lol.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taxkid said:
Yo dadasups1 .... which Lexus dealer was this? That just sounds incredibly insane and I would like to avoid that place lol.
its lexus on pines.....btw the car was as is...no warranty...being that it had more then 60k miles which is the usual warranty....did i mention it also had a dark tint strip on the windshield...another $700+

1 - 15 of 15 Posts