Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have IS 250awd 2007 model,
What is the best tire company for IS 250awd 2007?
(currently I have bridgestone tires, and my front tires are so freaking worn out, and I only drove 9300 miles)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi, I have IS 250awd 2007 model,
What is the best tire company for IS 250awd 2007?
(currently I have bridgestone tires, and my front tires are so freaking worn out, and I only drove 9300 miles)
i know what you mean i just got my tires replaces 2 weeks ago, i had a flat and well at that point all tired needed to be replaced.. those tires that come stock on the car which are the e92 potenzas are crap.. worse rating, 3.2 out of a 10.0, terrible in dry and wet traction, how is a try bad on dry traction! So needless to say the stealership wanted 235 a tire, i said i'll be back later on in the day... i went on tirerack, did some research and picked up 4 ultra performance continental conti extreme contact all season tires.. since i live in chicago i need to get all seasons for the snow.. these tires recieved above average ratings, the goodyear eagle F1 was pretty good aswell... If you have a Discount Tire or America's Tire near by go there and they price match tirerack! I saved about 200 dollars.. i payed 600 for all 4 with road hazard warranty and what not, instead of paying 140 a tired i payed 90 a tire.. hope this helps are all... good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would go with the Goodyear Eagle F-1 All Season. Great tire with the benefits of the Eagle F-1 line with good durability and a nice strong reinforced sidewall for better handling and crispness on the road.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would suggest dedicated summer wheels and a set of dedicated winter wheels for snow depending on where you live. It is extra money but you don't have to make any compromises w.r.t. tire selection.

Both Consumer Reports and Tire Rack seem to be good places to get ratings/opinions about tire function.

I have the OEM Potenza RE92’s on my car now and I can’t wait to get rid of them. They are wearing fine but I was rolling on a winter wheel until just recently. My winter tires are Dunlops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts