Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
SweetLex5280 said:
yea ok....

not worth my or anyone elses time to argue with you

it's obvious that I'm not the only one who think's you're a moron, but whatever floats your ghey boat
Was I wrong on the info I gave in this thread????

If i doubt myself any bit Id add the words "Someone correct me if im wrong" to my information.

and only insecure people call others gay...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
At least Charlie answered the guy's question. Even if he is 15, the kid knows what he's talkin about. Cut him some slack :shame: . You can learn a lot from these boards, so who cares whether or not he actually has a set of IS keys?

·
Registered
14 IS350
378 Posts
Here is the basic technical breakdown.

The AFC monitors the Mass Airflow Sensor, the RPM of the engine and the throttle position in most cases. So if you want more fuel at a certain RPM the AFC takes the MAF Sensor reading and modifies it by increasing the output or decreasing it, this fools the ECU into thinking that there is either more or less air flowing into the engine and so it increases or decreases the amount of fuel into the system. The ECU is factory programmed to provide a certain amount of fuel at a certain RPM and a certain throttle position. This is not always the most performance oriented "fuel Map". the map is selected from the factory to include many aspects like fuel economy, emissions and such. well the enthusiast is more interested in the most performance. so the AFC allows you to tune your air fuel mixture to produce the most performance for your vehicle. this also allows you to adjust for differences in flow cause by performance modifications such as intake, exhaust, turbo, header that effect the amount of air passing through your engine.

This is the best information i can provide. But, my personal experience with AFCS is limited to Motorcycle tuning. So, my information may not be exact for a car based AFC. Anyone with more or better information, please feel free to chime in.

I hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.