Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What is a Purge Kit?

Purge nitrous oxide kits not a type of system in itself as such, it is more of a add on or extra feature that you can add to a nitrous kit or some may even come supplied with the feature. A purge system will allow the nitrous oxide to flow upto the point of injection before using nitrous oxide during a run. This is for 2 reasons, the first is to clear any air trapped in between the outlet of the nitrous solenoid helping to reduce the chance of detonation and secondly is so that when the system is activated the nitrous will have absolutely no delay when reaching the injection point. At the pressure of nitrous oxide I cant imagine there been any difference so I don’t see it as a real advantage. When you see a car firing 2 huge jets of mist into the air, this is a purge kit. What it is doing is firing nitrous into the air to clear the trapped air out of th lines and bring nitrous to the front. Yes it look pretty impressive but what a waste on nitrous oxide I recon. And lets be honest we love nitrous and value it like gold even though its not expensive, you want every last drop.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I can say personally, I saw a pretty good gain from installing a purge kit. I don't really understand why it made a big difference, but I've had my wet kit for about a month. I ran it w/out a purge for a week, and once the purge kit was on, I noticed a jump in power. Bear in mind, this was just with the butt-dyno, but it was still nice.

As such, I've become a believer in the functionality of a purge kit! I recommend this option.

-MG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts