Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this great old video again of the Veltex Drift Altezza and that just brought back the good ol memories of the one thing that inspired me to get my IS300.

YouTube - Altezza Drift

What was the single picture, video, post, person, article, or whatever that inspired you to pickup your current car? Go look for it and post it here.

Reactions: altezzagita

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not feeling it guys. We need visual aids! :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
this inspired our first IS300 sedan:

we had a mk2 Supra, the hatch was always useful, thus
provided inspiration for our Sportcross:

I always loved the front of the GT1, inspiration for my 996 project:

you might laugh or hate-on but this was the inspiration for our family car:

the Cayenne made it possible for Porsche to turn a profit and create the
new Boxster, Cayman, 997, GT3, GT2, etc.

the 190E EVO2 provided inspiration for my 1st car, which was also a 190E,
it is also more significant that it inspired me to like sports sedans:

a poster similar to this Countach graced my bedroom wall my childhood years, it inspired me to do good in high school, go to a decent college, get a good job so I can buy my toys:

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
I read about it in Car and Driver in 98 When I was 13......I wanted one ever since....guess what now i have my (realistic, exotics dont count) dream car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My older brother was what inspired me to get into fast cars. i just never liked the getting pulled over every friday and saturday though haha.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Finally when some car company brought out the perfect car that fit my personna...... 4-doors, luxury, compact, Japanese, comes in stick shift that will appeal to someone who has grown up with Toyota cars in the garage. This is what mainly inspired me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm waiting for the snow to disappear here before I sell my car and look for an IS but my old Lexus was the best car I've had; and the initial attraction to the IS was that I liked the look of it stock and wouldn't need to spend a bunch of cash modding it. IS's seem pretty rare in southern MN, I think I've seen 4 or 5 of them on the streets and only one modded so that's a plus too. I started looking around and now I've picked out wheels, a kit, grill, exhaust, and suspension; I haven't driven a stock car in 7 years and I guess I'm not ready to blend in yet. :)

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Gran Turismo 2
2JZ Engine.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the visionboy vids on youtube inspired me to take a test drive. i was sold after that one drive :) and that was back to back with a G35 coupe.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
the gauge cluster tv ad.

Said and done, won my heart.

D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Liked it the first time I read an article on it back in 2002, even though the article didn't particularly care for the car :)

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
What was the single picture, video, post, person, article, or whatever that inspired you to pickup your current car? Go look for it and post it here.
When I first saw this television ad back in 2001: (also another IS300 t.v. ad where a dude was taking a photo of an IS300 in the mud taking a turn at a rally race)

Lexus IS300 Commercial « Videos « WebRidesTV

Then, I saw the actual car (GGP) at The L.A. Autoshow. I sat inside the driver seat, passenger seats (front & rear) and fell in love with the "chrono" style guage. :loveit:

Reactions: altezzagita
1 - 20 of 86 Posts