Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no more warranty....and I realized that my clutch is making this chirping noise. If I take it to the dealer, would they fix it for me? Or I'm just out of luck? What should I say? Thanks for all the comments!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Depends on the dealer, but I would count on paying for it out of warranty, unless they did something earlier to directly cause the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I do know it's a common problem among the manual transmission. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Most likely you will have to pay for it out of your own pocket. Take it to the dealer and see what they say, get a quote, then go find another mechanic to do the work. If you are really bent on taking to the dealer to have all the work done, take it to a Toyota dealership after your trip to the Lexus dealer.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
how far out of warrenty are you?
have you been a good customer to your dealer? (ie: oil changes and frequent maint. visits)
Warrenty must end at some point, cant be free forever. buy a new car or pay for the repair.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never got any work done at the dealer. I tried to do everything myself. I was just wondering if is something I could do if I'm out of warranty. Hey..worth the try right. Thanks for all the suggestion. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pope said:
What exactly is the common problem?

Common problem such as chirping noise coming from the clutch. A lot of people on this forum have this problem. Well... any suggestion of what to say to the dealer? Never know...dealer might fix it even I know the chance is pretty slim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts